Tuesday, July 24, 2007

~rainy days~

We are (finally) getting quite a bit of rain (and thunder) this week. It was overcast yesterday and again today. It rained on and off yesterday, which was really nice, except for the fact that I work at home and my bed is within 50 feet of me and rainy days make me want to sleep.

Apparently, I'm not the only one who sleeps during rainy days. Milo is OUT COLD under my desk right now. Hula just woke up from her latest cat nap.

Speaking of the kitties...I realized yesterday that it's been about a year since they had their shots and so I called the vet yesterday - sure enough, it's time for them to go back. Good thing I remembered because they didn't send me a reminder card (boogers!)...anyway - we'll be off to the vet on Monday @11am. Hee hee...that's always fun!

I'm still plugging away at my HP#7 book. I'm in Ch. 12 - about 235 pages in. It has 750+ pages so I've quite a ways to go. It's very very good!!

I've got a petsitting job going on this week. I had to go feed 3 cats last night. They live in an apt along with a Greyhound (but he's not there). I only have to go every other day, which is nice. I've been helping this lady who owns the petsitting business...we passed out flyers near where I live to try to generate more clients, so whenever someone calls that is close to me, she lets me have the job. It's a little bit of extra $$ for very little work. This job ends on Sunday and I have another that starts on Saturday, but is only Sat & Sun...another cat.

I was contemplating starting my own petsitting business someday and this is a good way to see if I'd really want to do it. I don't think I do. I really don't like going into other people's homes - it's just strange. Good to find out now I suppose.

3 comments:

Freebird said...

Pet sitting, that's actually a pretty way to make some easy fast cash.

~**Dawn**~ said...

Do you think it would be something you could get used to if you did it enough that it wouldn't feel quite so weird? And if you got repeat customers, it would be more familiar after a while...

Mary said...

good luck with the vet appt! and enjoy HP#7. i am still reading 6, but did pick up 7 so I have it when I'm ready. glad to hear its a good one! sounds like working with the petsitter lady is a great way to test drive the business idea!