Thursday, January 26, 2017

Bookish and Not-So-Bookish Thoughts

Bookish and Not-So-Bookish Thoughts is a weekly blogging event hosted by Bookishly Boisterous. It allows book bloggers (and non-book bloggers) to write about pretty much anything, bookish or otherwise (i.e. share exciting plans for the weekend, rants on things encountered during the week. ************************************************************************************** 

Lucky Boy by [Sekaran, Shanthi]

1) This book sounds so, so good...especially with my love for Mexico, I cannot wait to read it. I may even have to pay the ridiculous price of $13.99 for the e-book.

My Grandmother Asked Me to Tell You She's Sorry: A Novel by [Backman, Fredrik] Britt-Marie Was Here: A Novel by [Backman, Fredrik] A Man Called Ove: A Novel by [Backman, Fredrik]
2) I have also jumped on the  Fredrik Backman bandwagon and cannot wait to read all 3 of his "hot" books. It's my turn to pick the book for the book club that I am in, so I think I will choose "A Man Called Ove"...I've heard so many great things about it and I really want to see the movie, so I need to hurry and read it!

Chocolate kiss cookie recipe from @bakedbyrachel

3) Planning to make these beautiful & scrumptious looking cookies THIS weekend!!

4) I'm taking Friday off this week and super crazy excited as I will live my DREAM "stay at home mom" life for the day. I'm working at the school Book Swap (!!!) in the morning, attending an Orange Theory class at lunchtime and then picking up E in the pick up line....maybe even IN my workout clothes...you know, like all the SAHMommies do. LOL! Actually, I hope to be cleaned up!

5) Add to #4 that there has been a bit of drama & turmoil at work this week so I am rather happy that I'll be off on Friday!

Image result for this is us image


6) I'm still loving THIS IS US!! Are you watching? You should!

No comments: