Wednesday, August 21, 2013

WWW Wednesdays


WWW_Wednesdays4
To play along, just answer the following 3 questions...

1) What are you currently reading?


Still reading A Reliable Wife by Robert Goolrick for my book club..I was rather close to completely giving up on it as  I feel like the author is just ridiculous with the sexual content (I'm not a prude, promise)...but geez that's getting old. A friend said a twist is coming and to stick with it, so I will. I am also still reading Raising Happiness by Christine Carter  for my  Parents Book Club at school. We meet on September 5 to discuss the first two chapters. I've also started reading  The Best of Us by Sarah Pekkanen just a teeny bit because (1) my aunt sent me an Amazon gc for my birthday and (2) I just couldn't wait any longer!! :)

2) What did you recently finish reading?
I finished reading (FINALLY!) The Happiness Project and gave it 3 stars. For me, it was simply "ok"...I suppose she has good ideas and all, but I cannot say I was strongly inspired by the book. I also finished Because of Mr. Terupt by Rob Buyea reading it last weekend...it's a 4-6 grade level book and I read it with hopes of conducting a lunchtime book club with some 5th grade students. Another great idea I discovered from one of the School Counseling blogs I follow. The book was great and full of excellent counseling topics. 

3) What do you think you’ll read next?
I will read Whistling Past the Graveyard by Susan Crandall next!! I had been waiting and waiting on the price to go down since my self-imposed rule is that I don't buy an e-book priced any higher than $9.99...well, my only exception is when I get a giftcard...so yay...Happy (early) Birthday to me!!

What are you reading?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting titles. Happy reading. Here is my WWW http://cynthiastacey.com/2013/08/21/www-wednesdays-aug-21/

Anonymous said...

You've intrigued me with A Reliable Wife! Hope you enjoy, here's my link
http://wp.me/p32hC2-kk