Tuesday, January 06, 2015

Bout of Books - Day 1 Update


Bout of Books


Let's just start with...I'm not off to a great start with this edition of Bout of Books...

I read a whopping 16 pages last night...yep, that's it. I had 2347321 trillion things to do after school, though I'm not sure why since I have been off work for 2 weeks.

18143977
Anyway, I'm currently reading All the Light We Cannot See and I've been wanting to read it for a while...I'm almost 200 pages in and so far it's "ok"...but it's not rocking my socks off like I thought it would considering ALL the "hype"....seriously it's been voted one of the top books of 2014 in more publications/websites than I can count...what am I missing?

On top of that, reading those 16 pages felt like I read 40. With the book being almost 500 pages, I probably won't finish it until March...though I sure hope it's sooner!!

Monday pages: 16  *sad face*

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't be discouraged! What I love about BOB is we get a whole week. I will probably have a similar night tonight because I stayed up too late reading last night. I don't anticipate staying awake long enough to read very much.

Beatriz said...

You know I really hate it when a book does that to you. You're all excited, you start, and then - nothing. Hopefully it picks up soon!

KaKiJoKoJa said...

Sorry you didn't get to read much. I hope your second day goes better for you.

You should move onto another book if you aren't liking it. That's why I don't pay attention to hype of books.

Here's how my Day One ended up. :)