Thursday, October 29, 2015

Bookish and Not-So-Bookish Thoughts

Bookish and Not-So-Bookish Thoughts is a weekly blogging event hosted by Bookishly Boisterous. It allows book bloggers (and non-book bloggers) to write about pretty much anything, bookish or otherwise (i.e. share exciting plans for the weekend, rants on things they've encountered during the week, etc.). 
************************************************************************************************

1) The fact that this is the only post I (1) make time for and (2) am able to (barely) scrounge something up to write about is both sad and pathetic. My life is rather mundane. 

2) It's official. I'm injured. Total. Mega. Drag. I used to be one of those people who never got injured...no muscle strains/sprains etc. (The knees are another issue!)  I cannot say that any longer. It's been almost 2 weeks. Very little improvement in my hamstring/glute area muscle strain. Yesterday it hurt just doing plain 'ol regular (slow) walking. I requested to defer to next year for the 4 mile race I had scheduled this Saturday...I hope they let me. Another total drag. I'm hoping by Nov 8 that I'm all healed up because I have a really fun 5k to run.

3) Just unfriended 25 people on FB. Not that they are/were enemies, but I figure if you and I never exchange communication via FB and you nor I ever like each other's posts/pictures, then what is the point?!? We may have gone to high school together, but we aren't necessarily friends. 

4) This crockpot Mac & Cheese sounds & looks amazing. I need to make it.

25152052
5) I really want to read this book!!!

6) Though I have a ton of books to be read on my Kindle and/or nightstand...I also have a credit on Amazon and it's been burning a hole in my pocket. Bought a couple books this week.
Pumpkin Bread & Muffin Mix
7) You can thank me later...but do not buy the Trader Joe's Pumpkin Bread mix unless you can afford the calories of eating the whole thing. It is delicious and irresistible (unless you are a 7yo boy)...so I was forced to bring some of it to school to giveaway so as to avoid eating the whole thing myself. 

8) Tonight E and I are going to a "trunk r treat" event that our neighbor invited us to. Seems like a fun thing to do on Thursday night....except we will get more candy than we need and it isn't even Halloween yet.

9) I'm totally looking forward to this weekend...Halloween, trip to the mountains and finishing it off with Disney on Ice. 

10) I got nothing else. Seriously. See #1.

3 comments:

Christine said...

That sucks about your injury. It's so frustrating when your mind and body are not on the same page.

And defriending people on FB is sort of the best. I took off my mom's boyfriend recently and it felt SO GOOD.

~**Dawn**~ said...

I cull my social media "friends" regularly. Sometimes those numbers just creep up and I'm really more of a quality over quantity sort of girl. Also, 7 year old boys are clearly weird. ;-) Who doesn't like pumpkin goodies?!

*krystyn* said...

Dawn - yes those 7yo boys don't know what they are missing. And then he tried to order the Pumpkin loaf at SBUX yesterday...I said "NO" because I knew he wouldn't eat it and I wanted to keep my $3. :)