Friday, April 07, 2017

Losing At Life

I'm having a series of bad days/weeks/months and it's usually best to not write when things are like this, but then for the sake of documenting my life (for someone's consumption later?), here's a brief update.

*after $400 of orthopedic & PT bills, my back is no better. I'm scheduled for an MRI next Wednesday, which is another pricey investment, so I'm not so excited about that, but I do hope to get some answers.

*we rec'd a pitiful offer on our house, countered & then IMO were just about forced to accept if we wanted to be able to buy the house we put a contract in on. It's still a crappy offer for our current home and I'm angry about the whole thing. I need April to be over with so I can move past it all and not be angry anymore. I finally gave my realtor a piece of my mind yesterday.

*the buyer is a milleneal. he is giving them (even-more) of a bad name.

*I'm going to Disney in 13 days and am the least excited I've ever been. I chalk this up to many things...different job, back pain, house situation etc.

*I think I've come to the end of my time at Orange Theory. I'm putting my 30 days in tomorrow so I'll have 6 more classes and then be done. While I enjoy it, I just cannot afford the time or the cost to go more often and for what I'm spending, it just doesn't make sense. I'm thinking I'll go back to the YMCA and get back into going every Saturday morning and then at least 2x during the week. It'll be hard, but I'm determined to make it work.

*On that note, I was in Nashville earlier this week for work and I used the elliptical machine at the hotel fitness center both nights. Ironically (or not), I woke up both mornings FREE of back pain and even turning over etc was pain free -which is NOT typically the case. The YMCA has elliptical machines which is what got me thinking about changing my fitness membership situation. I plan to go to the Y tonight on a one-day pass and try the elliptical and see how I feel in the morning. I've had crazy pain yesterday and this morning, so it all makes sense, but this will be the true test.

No comments: