Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Another Day in (not) Paradise

Hello to all one of you reading this! :)

Not much "new" to really post about.

It's summer. I'm working. I don't like it.

Did I make the right choice 1 year ago? Yes.

Is my current situation ideal? No. Far from it. 

It doesn't have to be ideal, but there's room for improvement.

Truly hating working the summer and sending Ethan to camp(s).

Hate that he has to get up early all year 'round now. We love our "no bedtime" nights!

Bright side: he's at a new camp this week and LOVING it.

I may have sent my resume to a local private school for consideration. (Please!)

Not only would I love to work in a school again, but even more would love for Ethan to be in private school. I have nothing against public school, but I will say that there was a "huge" difference in quality for Ethan this year. He needed a lot more challenge and just didn't get it. I would say it's because they have so many kids, but he had 18 in his class, same as private school. Half way thru the year they put him in the G&L program, which is a whopping 1-2 hours on Fridays. Can't say he got a lot out of that. In addition, his teacher went out on Maternity Leave and that caused a few more bumps in the road.

Surprise of the summer: Ethan asked to go to sleep away camp! What? Completely shocked, but he is signed up and will be gone from June 25-30. Now I'm hoping for no mega meltdown at drop off on the 25th. I did everything I could to ENSURE he WANTS to go and he has confidently replied "yes" every.single.time. Thankfully, he will have a friend there the same week and they will hopefully be in the same cabin. I know he will have great experiences and I'm super excited for him. 

Counting down the days to vacation...17 to go. 

No comments: