Friday, July 14, 2017

Books, Books & More Books

My book game has really dropped off this year.
Not by choice either.
I'm constantly 4 books behind on my Goodreads challenge, even with finishing 2.5 books on vacation last week. 

Currently Reading:
Same Beach, Next Year: A Novel by [Frank, Dorothea Benton]
Same Beach, Next Year by DBF...her's are always a "must-read", though I will say that last year's book was not a great one IMO.
Alexander Hamilton by [Chernow, Ron]
Hamilton - I started this quite a while ago, read for what seemed like hours only to discover I was on page 10. I want to read it, but can't seem to find the motivation.
You Are a Badass: How to Stop Doubting Your Greatness and Start Living an Awesome Life by [Sincero, Jen]
You Are a Badass: How to Stop Doubting Your Greatness & Start Living an Awesome Life - confession: I don't even think I have "greatness" therefore, I can't really doubt it...but this book was recommended (generally) by a co-worker so I picked it up. It's one of those I read a few pages and set it down to read something else. I'll get back to it eventually but so far there was no "earth shattering" information on how to improve my life - at least that I thought was practical. 

Just Finished:
The Four Seasons by [Monroe, Mary Alice]
The Four Seasons by Mary Alice Monroe - 4 sisters, lots of drama, good book. I gave it 4 stars. I went right into this one after finishing her new release, Beach House for Rent, which was fantabulous.

Up Next:
Perfect Little World: A Novel by [Wilson, Kevin]
Perfect Little World - It just came through from the library so I've got 3 weeks to get it done. 
The Orphan's Tale: A Novel by [Jenoff, Pam]
The Orphan's Tale - picked this one up when it was $2.99, loved all of Jenoff's other books so I'm looking forward to this one.

So now I just need another vacation so I can knock a couple of these out. :)

No comments: