Thursday, May 31, 2018

Dating in my 40s

While I'm looking forward to eventually meeting someone, there have been MANY days when I'm completely disappointed, disgusted or just plain hopeless that it will ever happen...and I get that it's not been that long but the things I have experienced already are just ridiculous.

*the guy who flirts & pursues me but turns out to be living with someone, someone he said he was working on leaving...now 9 months later, guess what....he's still living there!!!

*the bazillion boneheads on Bumble who (1) don't respond AFTER they have "swiped right" thereby expressing interest and/or all the others who can't bother to put up a decent picture or even write a couple lines about themself, you know, a profile. *sigh*

*then there's the guy who CLEARLY makes eye contact w/me at a recent sporting event, multiple times, let me add...then tells a mutual friend he is only "casually dating"....yet I discover he has been dating someone for 1 year. Seriously, DO NOT EVEN LOOK AT ME IF YOU ARE NOT 100% AVAILABLE.

*lastly there is the guy that I went to dinner with last week but there was no "spark" for me....apparently for him there was a shit ton of fireworks *of course* and so I finally told him I didn't want to pursue anything with him and he then suggested being friends w/benefits....OMG...this is what is out there?!?! Dare I mention that I am 98% sure I saw his truck in my neighborhood early this morning while I was out running? Oh crap!

*Guys are jerks and right now I hate them all. 


No comments: