Sunday, September 09, 2018

Update

It seems all my posts can be called "update" now because I only make it over here about once every 4-5 months lately.

This is sort of a "Bookish and Not So Bookish Thoughts" post as well...I really enjoyed the weekly posts but along with a lot of life, I fell off the bandwagon on this one quite a while ago.

1) As always, there are so many books I want to read or am currently reading...I am making my way through Emotional Intelligence 2.0. I took the 1st test and scored 87% overall. I'm riding the wave of "self-help" books so I have also purchased Brene Brown's "Daring Greatly" and "Rising Strong"...I had huge plans to get tons of reading done this weekend, but when I got home from my half marathon Saturday afternoon, I was exhausted and spent some quality time with the couch instead. 

2) I recently got a promotion at work, which is a good thing, but it's made the work days pretty damn crazy. It's a combination of a few other things going on at work as well....it won't always be so crazy but for now, it's "off the chain" and a bit more harried than I would like it. I look forward to the end of each workday more now than ever. 

3) To add to the shitstorm that is my life, the wonderful guy I met on July 4th and spent 6 weeks with, decided to end things 2 days after my birthday BY TELEPHONE after saying he wanted to take me out to celebrate on the weekend for my birthday and having many other sweet conversations during the week prior. Yeah - talk about being blindsided. We had no issues/problems/fights etc - we were quite well matched IMO and had a lot of fun together. I remain confused, angry and sad about the whole thing still today, 2 weeks later, not to mention heartbroken, but I'm trying really hard to remember WHAT A SHIT MOVE he made by blowing me off the entire weekend AND while it was my birthday as well. That's pretty damn crappy. The person who dumped me was so different from the person I knew for 6 weeks prior, so I'm not sure what is going on there, but I guess it's his problem. The worst part, I really liked him. And I miss him. :(

4) Back to running, yesterday I ran my 11th half marathon...and 1st since April 2017. I was training like a crazy woman this year until late June when my legs really started to give me problems. First it was the right hamstring, an issue from 3 years ago that resurfaced. Then the left left started to give me problems, more along the outer edge - hip, IT band area, not sure really. I finally had an MRI done and both hamstrings have small tears and frays, which are typical for a runner due to overuse. Well, great....that totally sucks, because the amount of pain from each is ridiculous. I had 17 days of rest prior to my half marathon and almost immediately the left leg started to hurt when I started running. There was also a 5k the night before, so I ran that on Friday night and then the 1/2 on Saturday. I even struggled through the 5k, which makes me furious as I ran my all time best 5k on May 5th this year coming in under 30 minutes...a goal I am super proud of, but now frustrated as I feel like I've gone backwards. Ugh!

5) Some positive news...working on a beach trip to FL for Fall Break. I sure hope it works out. I can certainly use the getaway. Never saw the beach this summer, primarily due to becoming a single mom, buying a house and moving. 

6) Being alone by choice is wonderful. Being alone without choice sucks. I can only distract myself so much. My heart hurts and I hate it. I can honestly say (1) this has never happened to me and (2) I've never felt like this before. 

3 comments:

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Wow, that sucks, that "dick" move by the guy you were seeing. That all takes me back to my younger years, when I went through something similar.

And not even having the decency to let you down in person. He probably thought you would slug him, which would make sense. I might have done.

Enjoy the week, and immerse yourself in some good books and great Netflix shows.

Thanks for visiting my blog.

Christine said...

Ugh, I just caught up on your posts (for some reason I can't find you on blogger, so I never get your posts in my feed!). I am SO sorry that things have been so rough the past year, but I really admire your strength and resiliency. I think all too often we accept the crap that people give us, but you've put your foot DOWN. Good luck with your changes, both good and bad. I bet in five years this will all be filed under "things that made me stronger."

*krystyn* said...

Hi Christine - thank you!! I'm not sure why I wouldn't show up in your Blogger feed...I don't think my blog is private...hmmm....but I did include a link to it when I commented on your page after posting. :)