Tuesday, September 25, 2018

wishful thinking

a short list of things i'm wishing for - while also NOT wanting to wish for, because i'm so tired of being let down...who knew being hopeful was such a detriment to one's happiness...this is where I think it pays off to be either a realist or a pessimist...why expect things to go well...because when you have expectations, things end up falling apart and going horribly...at least for me.

so from now on, i expect & hope for nothing and that way if/when things work out, i'll be pleasantly surprised.

And I know I said I am taking a guy's approach to dating, and that is still my plan, but I am also finding that most (almost all) guys on the stupid dating apps are after only one thing...and that's not exactly the approach I want to take. Ugh!

So my wishes (not expectations) are:

-go on a date to Dollywood...I guess over the years I forgot how much MORE fun an amusement park is when you're there with someone you like/love...my ex didn't do rollercoasters and therefore never went to Dollywood with me. We did go to Cedar Point a few years ago, but he doesn't enjoy the rides & is impatient in lines, so let's just say it wasn't as fun as it could have been.

-having someone special in my life come Christmas - for many reasons, but one is that I'd really like to go to Biltmore Estate to see their Christmas lights. I've lived 1 hour away from Biltmore for 12 years and I've never been. They are supposed to be amazing.

-having someone to kiss on New Year's Eve.

-i'd really like to feel wanted/needed/valued by someone...i felt wanted by Mr. Not-So-Wonderful but maybe I'm an idiot & he had me fooled all along, but it sure felt good to get his "how was your day?" texts every day and chat on the phone every night. I miss that. 

-take a road trip to Nashville to check out the many wonderful restaurants as well as listen to live country music in as many of the bars as possible. Good times!

No comments: