Sunday, September 30, 2018

Bookish and Not So Bookish Thoughts

I'm a few days late, but here is my Bookish & Not-So-Bookish post!

1. August and September have raked me through the coals. I haven’t felt so negative about life in a long time. When I really get going on my pity party, I can truly say I have nothing good going on or to look forward to. I know that’s not entirely true, but when you feel unloved/unwanted, your job is less than good right now, you can’t run because your legs are SO messed up and feeling worse instead of better and every day is pretty much the same boring, work, home, dinner, clean, repeat. I’m just tired of not having some “happy” in my life.

2. So I think I mentioned the past couple months have definitely not been the greatest in my life...this week was no exception as I nearly broke down on the treadmill on Wednesday night. My legs do not seem to be getting better and I was only able to run 2 miles, with pain the entire time. I have a 15k race in 2 weeks and I'm pretty sure I'll be picking up the shirt and not running. The most frustrating part of all of this is that even though I had pain before, I could run and the pain came afterwards...now I have pain in my left leg, while running which ultimately prevents me from running of course. 

3. I really want to go see Chris Young in concert on Nov 29. The problem...I have no one to go with of course...was hoping to go with Mr. Not-So-Wonderful but that’s certainly not happening now. 

4. Started reading this. I really need to give less fucks...about a lot of stuff (and people)...so this is the perfect book for me. I just need the quiet time to sit and soak it all in.

5. Start the countdown for FL...cannot wait to get away. 9 more days! Woot!


6. The TV shows are off the chain this Fall...I may have to commit to more than my usual 2-3 shows. I'm already on board with This is Us and The Voice...but whoa - Manifest....amazing...and I also enjoyed A Million Little Things...nothing like seeing a bunch of 40ish yo men "in touch" with their feelings...shit, that never happens so it's nice to see it on TV...maybe some of the single manbabies out there will learn a thing or two. No, I'm not bitter or anything LOL.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am thinking I am going to bail on Manifest. I watched because it reminded me of Lost, but I can't see how they can keep this story line going and interesting over multiple seasons. And I'm already tired with how 'convenient' it's been that Michaela and then Ben just so happened to be near where their voices told them to be to save the girls/catch the thief. A Millions Little Things is kind of cheesy, but right now dumb > cheesy.