Saw this great idea at Sophisticated Dorkiness and thought I'd put together my own list of "8 books I want to read right now!"
Lately my reading has come to a snail's pace...either no time or no energy...I've been falling asleep at 9:30pm lately...so unlike me. Anyway, I'm hoping that with next week being my Spring Break, maybe I can knock out a couple of books...wishful thinking anyway. I cannot believe how full my schedule is already next week.
Without further delay, here is my list of 8:
1) The Flight of Gemma Hardy by Margot Livesy - I heard SO much "hype" about this one last year and when the price dropped recently, I grabbed myself a copy. Maybe I'll tackle this one next week!!
2) The Ambassador's Daughter by Pam Jenoff - I have LOVED everything I've read by Jenoff so far and since she writes primarily WWII historical fiction, I'm a huge fan. I purchased this one recently & the only thing keeping me from "jumping in" is that my mom already read it and said it started off slow for her...I will still read it of course & hopefully it moves along good for me.
3) Playing Dead by Julia Heaberlin - pretty sure I bought this one around Christmas time w/my giftcards...not my usual genre, but sounds good.
4) The Art of Keeping Secrets by Patti Callahan Henry - I bought this one a while ago...I think it's another that I got with my Christmas gift cards...I really need to read it. It sounds really good!!
5) The Fault in Our Stars by John Green - I've heard so so SO much about this one that I just really need to buy it and read it. I've been holding out solely because it's above my self-imposed $9.99 e-book price limit and it's not available as an e-book at the public library either. It was also a 2012 Goodreads Choice Winner!!
6) The Dressmaker by Kate Alcott - this should be in the #1 slot as I am "dying" read it...the hang up is the long, long waiting list at the public library...I'm finally moving up the list at #4...started off around #30 back in January!!
7) An Unexpected Guest by Anne Korkeakivi- I wish there was an easier way to re-number-order the books on my To Read list on Goodreads...because I would move this one way to the top. If there is a simple way that I'm unaware of, please share, but from what I've gathered, it's a cumbersome one-at-a-time numbering process.
8) Crossing on the Paris by Dana Gynther - with my newfound obsession with Downton Abbey and in it's absence, this will be a nice one to fill that time!!
So, what are the books you are wanting to read RIGHT NOW??