Monday, November 24, 2014

Currently

Hoping: to feel a lot better tomorrow. diagnosed with Strep this morning at the Walgreen's minute clinic after a quick and brutal sore throat set in late last night. Ouch. Spent the whole day in bed and of course, I have a ton of lesson planning to do before we are back at school on Dec 1 and I have a week full of lessons. Oh did I mention, I will also be observed at some point that week which means that every single lesson will need to be spot-on. Lovely.

Planning: lessons! See above.

Eating: since I hadn't eaten much all day thanks to angry throat,  was able to somewhat enjoy a ChickFila nugget meal WITH fries and still come in under my calorie limit. #win
Drinking: milk this morning and a diet dr pepper now but the carbonation is almost too much for my throat still.
Reading: an advance copy of "The Life Intended" by Kristin Harmel. It's a little different but I am enjoying it. Anxious to see how it all plays out, that's for sure. And if you haven't read "The Sweetness of Forgetting" - you must. Absolutely fabulous!!!
Watching: Still only committed to "The Mysteries of Laura"...Downton is back in January though so I'll add that to my weekly watches. Yay!!
Cooking: Today. Nothing. Mac n' Cheese in the microwave for Ethan tonight - since he declined ChickFila.
Blogging: enjoying it but still not blogging as often as I once did. I suppose that's good and bad. 
Listening: OK - I'm officially sucked into the Serial podcast after reading about it from a couple of different bloggers. Got all caught up on the 9 episodes over the weekend. Now I have to wait 2 weeks for the next one since they come out on Thursdays and there won't be one on Thanksgiving. 
Thinking: about how nice it will be to have 5 consecutive days off in a row. Hello Thanksgiving.
Needing: a lot of rest.
Wanting: to wake up tomorrow and be 10lbs lighter. Is that too much to ask?
Hating: that my throat hurts every time I swallow.
Loving: the "feel" of the mall and certain stores during the Christmas season. Love it.
Avoiding: the stores on Black Friday. Since I have no one to go w/me, I just don't go. Instead, mom and I will be going to see Mockingjay Part 1.
Anticipating: Christmas.

1 comment:

Bryan G. Robinson said...

Over here from looking at Thankfully Reading Weekend sign up posts, and you're only the 10th or so (okay, maybe not that many but still) blogger that I've seen mention the Serial podcast. Now I'm going to have check that out.