Friday, March 13, 2015

Bookish and Not-So-Bookish Thoughts

Bookish and Not-So-Bookish Thoughts is a weekly blogging event hosted by Bookishly Boisterous. It allows book bloggers (and non-book bloggers) to write about pretty much anything, bookish or otherwise (i.e. share exciting plans for the weekend, rants on things they've encountered during the week, etc.). 
************************************************************************************************
1. I recently had to make my blog private. for a variety of reasons. which will go unnamed. it's so NOT fun having a private blog. I may have to to change my domain/blog name to go public again...probably the only way I'll feel comfortable. So for now, my 12ish approved readers are the only ones who will see this. 

2) I'm doing this post on a Friday vs. Thursday. That's just how the cookie crumbles lately.

3) Yahoo! It's just about Spring Break...gotta get through today. We weren't planning on doing much...just a weekend jaunt to SC...but then O got word he has a jobsite in SC to take care of, so now we will go out w/him and be in SC all week. I love checking out new places and this will be a new part of SC for us.
2657
4) I am reading "To Kill a Mockingbird" for the first time EVER. I know!! 

5) I (stupidly?) offered to work on our school yearbook this year...and while it's a lot to do and a lot to learn...I can say now that I'm absolutely loving it. In fact, I would really love my job if this was all I had to do everyday. It's like getting paid for doing digital scrapbooking. 
Image result for fitbit aria
6) I'm finally cracking down hard on myself with weight loss...I've been running or walking just about every day - getting at least my 10K on the Fitbit almost daily, but not seeing any results on the scale...well, after being strict with my diet on Wed and Thurs I can proudly say I've dropped 1.5lbs. On that note, we invested in the Fitbit Aria scale and I love it...except the part where it tells me how much % body fat I have...yeah that makes me want to cry. Every.single.time.

7) Yikes - I can't believe I haven't blogged for 1 month...almost to the day. I didn't think it was that long. In the meantime, I've enjoyed 7 snowdays...it was awesome. I got acquainted with our new reclining couch...something I rarely do during the work week. It was absolutely divine. I'm even all caught up on the whole 2 shows I DVR. Now the snow is gone and replaced with rain. Ugh!

8) There are only 45 school days left in the year. That is way less than I thought. Amen. It's been one heck of a year. 

9) That 7th grade activity I blogged about last time...well the 1st class went well...which was the one I posted about. The other 2 sections...um, they weren't quite as fun (for me). 

10) I plan to do copious amounts of reading during Spring Break...I cannot wait 'til we hit the road at 4pm on Sunday. First things first though...getting thru working this wedding tonight...ugh. I love the gal I work with, but absolutely cannot stand working the weddings...I find it boring for me (I'm her assistant) and it's physically hard...like sometimes you get dinner REALLY late....and have to scarf it down...and bathroom breaks are a challenge too....just not my favorite type of work to do. It's truly done only for the money...which is quickly becoming less of a reason in my book. 

No comments: