Monday, April 13, 2015

Weekend Update

1) I went back to the basics with running...I was just doing my own thing previously ...running a few minutes, walking when I felt tired etc....well some days the running felt easy, but MOST days it was hard...really hard, discouraging hard...so I downloaded the Couch to 5k app and started from Week 1, Day 1....now that was a little too easy, which made me happy...so I did Day 1 and 2 on Saturday and then Day 3 and Week 2, Day 1 on Sunday...spending 1 hour on the treadmill each day. 
Image result for couch to 5k
I'm hoping by following this program, I will be truly ready to run my best 5k ever...and it just so happens that my school's 5k is on May 17th...5 weeks away...and the C25k is a 6 week program...that worked out well, huh? It's also quite reasonable on time as it's 30 minutes long, 3 days a week. I would like to run more often than that so I'll see what else I can squeeze in or I'll just move through the program a little quicker as the latter weeks will probably be more difficult for me anyway. Either way, I'm pretty excited about this...and once I complete this program, I plan to download the 1/2 marathon version and get to work so I'm ready for the WDW Princess 1/2 in February 2016....but even before that I'll have another 5k in June to run while on the Disney Cruise. Lots to look and work forward to. I'll get back in shape and get this weight off if it's the last thing I do!!!

2) Speaking of weight....it's always so frustrating....all that work over the weekend and healthy eating, only to be UP 3lbs today!!! How can that be? That is sooooooo discouraging...even my body fat went up 1% so I can't even chalk the weight gain up to muscle. I'm blaming Aunt Flo...as she has blessed my Monday with her presence.

3) As most weekends, this one flew by but with little fun and mostly "to-do" items...Oscar is pummeled in sidework which on one hand is great, but on another is not because his entire weekend gets eaten up with more work. Not complaining, but yeah, maybe I am. It's a hard balance. 

No comments: