Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Bookish and Not-So-Bookish Thoughts

Bookish and Not-So-Bookish Thoughts is a weekly blogging event hosted by Bookishly Boisterous. It allows book bloggers (and non-book bloggers) to write about pretty much anything, bookish or otherwise (i.e. share exciting plans for the weekend, rants on things encountered during the week. **************************************************************************************

1. Not a whole lot new in my world. Still working the new gig. Still hating being there til 5pm. Still convinced that is one of few negatives to job change though I wouldn't say I'm 100% happy either. Oh and the mean girl got fired. Yeah that was interesting.

2. My people watching skills have been really put to the test lately. It's amazing how different people in corporate America are compared to, say, people who work in a school. Bottom line: people who work in a school are way nicer/friendlier (most of them anyway).

3. Running. I think half marathons are a historical thing for me at this point. Well, except for the Disney Star Wars in April that I dumped a truckload of money into. My knee has been giving me more and more grief lately. I ran, and walked a whole lot, a half marathon last Sunday. My knee gave out on me not short of 7 times and then I also ended up with some crazy shoe problem on my left foot which was worse than my knee pain. This makes NO sense as they are the same shoe I've been wearing all year, same brand, same style just a new pair...but I had already put 15ish miles in them. Taking them back to the store on Saturday. So frustrating.

4. Only two weeks to Fall Break...and it's a full week for students...which now becomes a point of difficulty for me as opposed to a time of joy, since I'm not automatically off work too. Real world. I am taking 3 days off however and we are going to Myrtle Beach with my dad. So excited. A much needed break from this weird new world I'm living in.

5. Some peoples FB posts after the debate were just ridiculous. I ended up unfollowing a few people as a result. I don't care who you prefer and I don't want to hear about it either.

6. Ethan made fast friends with a boy in his class this year. Turns out they live one street over!! This has worked out so well as his mom and I are sharing pick up and drop off duties. A huge help for me. Even better, she signed up to teach CCD on Wed nights and picks Ethan up from school and then takes them both to class...I had two hours to myself. Holy moly!

7. A friend challenged me to drink less diet Dr Pepper each day saying that her brother lost a crap ton of weight when he gave up pop. Ok so I don't drink coffee or tea and sure as heck am not going to commit to ONLY drinking water, so I will cut back on my pop intake, but not give it up completely. We will see what happens. With this sedentary job, I need to do something!

8. Into the YA books for some reason lately...now that I have nothing to do with middle schoolers... go figure. Anyway, reading All The Bright Places and so far so good.



9. I'm going to start checking out all the Little Free Library locations near me. I saw one whole running that half on Sunday and thought I'd look some up by my house, turns out there are quite a few...even some near work that I can check out during my lunch hour. Yay!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

I hate reading people's comments about their political preferences, especially when they are mean and hateful.

Working until 5 p.m. is harsh, isn't it? At the end of my "working life," I had a flexible arrangement that allowed me to start really early and leave by 4. I'm a morning person.

All the Bright Places is a book I'm curious about. Enjoy! Here's MY BOOKISH THURSDAY POST

Anonymous said...

5. I'm sick of the debate and I don't even live in America! Couldn't imagine having to put up with it dominating news for months on end.