Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Another Year Older



*disclaimer: this post is more for my memory in looking back years from now to recall what was happening in my life at this time. you may find it rather boring. consider yourself warned. :)
Image result for birthday cake images


*i turn 46 today.

*i bought my first pair of readers last night. much needed.

*i'm getting my teeth cleaned today...because I know how to celebrate a birthday! ugh!

*looking forward to dinner @ chez guevara tonight with ethan, mom & dave.

*we are living in our 3rd home together.

*i am not loving my job (no surprise there).

*i've been struggling with some significant back pain for about 1 year now.

*i still wonder "what if" to having made other choices earlier in life. this will probably never stop.

*i love scrapbooking, specifically "project life" but struggle to find the time to do it.

*i love reading, but like scrapbooking, struggle to find the time for it. usually in bed at night or while i'm walking/running on the treadmill.

*i'm going on a scrapbooking weekend with mom starting on friday and cannot wait. these are always so much fun and i'm glad we've made it sort of a tradition. this is our 4th "retreat" - to a local knoxville hotel - so not necessarily "retreat" but super fun nonetheless. so excited.

*and it's official. oscar has forgotten my birthday. i just got off the phone w/him and he neglected to wish me a happy birthday. gonna see how long it takes him to remember.

*updated: oscar called back 20 minutes later to wish me a happy birthday. *sigh*




1 comment:

Christine said...

Happy belated birthday!

I love the quote from Zora Neale Hurston, "There are years that ask questions and years that answer." Life is so cyclical and frustrating and wonderful. I hope this next year brings you what you want and need!