Thursday, August 31, 2017

Bookish and Not-So-Bookish Thoughts

Bookish and Not-So-Bookish Thoughts is a weekly blogging event hosted by Bookishly Boisterous. It allows book bloggers (and non-book bloggers) to write about pretty much anything, bookish or otherwise (i.e. share exciting plans for the weekend, rants on things encountered during the week. **************************************************************************************


1) I love this idea! Hide a Book on September 18. I know it's been done quite a bit in the UK, particularly by Emma Watson, but I'm really hoping it picks up here in the US. I'm planning to hide a few copies of (one of) my favorite books. While I'd like to buy the stickers, I think I'll make my own and save my pounds (dollars) for something else. :)

2) Looking forward to the 3 day weekend. Who doesn't look forward to an extra day off? Taking a mini road trip up to VA to see my dad.

3) I'm still "on the fence" with following through on being a Lyft driver. I've heard SO many stories of how much $$$ people have made and I love the flexibility...but as a female, I'm also a bit frightened. Oh and then there's the part where my husband doesn't want me to do this at all (for safety issues). Ugh! It just seems like it's the only (relatively well paying) part time job that would really work for me and not make me feel like a (broke) loser. Your input welcome! :) I just really want to pay down debt and increase my savings....after 6 years in a private school (and making VERY little money), I'm trying to make up some ground. *sigh*

*ETA - the more I read #3, the more I am "accepting" that it's probably just not a good idea. :(

4) I had a great time last weekend at the scrapbooking crop with my mom. Despite many many hours of (nearly) uninterrupted crafting, I remain quite behind...though I was able to fully complete my Week in the Life album from cover to cover. So excited about that. 

5) It seems whenever I return from one of these scrapbooking events, it is days, if not weeks, before I get back to scrapbooking. I'm happy to report that I actually jumped right in on Tuesday night to get a couple things done...of course, I stayed up too late and paid for it on Wednesday morning. Ha!

3 comments:

Shannon said...

1. There is actually a website about leaving books for people to find. You can even post on the site where the book is and others who find it can leave it somewhere else. (Sort of like wheresgeorge.com) I forget the name, but I looked into it several years ago and it seemed interesting. You were supposed to print out a little thing or just write the information down so whoever found it could track it too.

3. Ugh, I feel you. I looked into Uber, but I'm fairly certain my vehicle would not qualify and my husband doesn't like the idea of me of it either. (Vehemently against it actually.) It sucks because I have also been looking into trying to get a second job during the week - during school hours - to bring some extra cash in. Unfortunately all the part time jobs seem to be all or nothing... which sort of defeats the purpose really.

Shannon said...

A followup to my previous comment!
www.bookcrossing.com

That's the one! *^-^* Someone actually had it listed in the link you shared above.

Christine said...

I love the hiding idea! I could do it in my classroom!