Wednesday, August 09, 2017

Bookish & Not-So-Bookish Thoughts

Bookish and Not-So-Bookish Thoughts is a weekly blogging event hosted by Bookishly Boisterous. It allows book bloggers (and non-book bloggers) to write about pretty much anything, bookish or otherwise (i.e. share exciting plans for the weekend, rants on things encountered during the week. **************************************************************************************


Love & Gelato by [Welch, Jenna Evans]
1) I read "Love & Gelato" in 2 days!!! That never happens. It was that good. Great YA book for middle school and up. I loved traveling through Italy with the characters. This is one of those that I was sad to finish because I was enjoying it so much. Also, it's only $1.99 on Kindle...grab it while you can. That's a great deal! I think I may stick to YA for a bit, as I haven't been having much luck with adult books.

2) Today is our 3rd full day of 4th grade and so far the complaints have stayed to a minimum...thank goodness. Really hoping and praying that this year is amazing for him. That may be wishful thinking though. 
3) I'm taking a class at the end of the month to learn how to make French Macarons...I am super excited. They are a bit intimidating to make so I'm hoping to get all the secrets and then make them myself (and maybe sell them if I have any luck).4) I signed back up at the YMCA. Hopefully I can get there more regularly than I was during last school year. On Tuesday night, I spent almost 2 hours there, including a 1 hour yoga class. The downside to the Y is their child watch still. It's sub par at best. The kids SIT in a room with a few games and then just the other night, Ethan was told he can't use his iPad there. What? How about you take the kids to the gym so they can run around and, oh I don't know, EXERCISE!!!!??? It's hard for me to get there w/o Ethan in tow, but I will probably limit it to 2x/week and then Saturday mornings when he is at drum practice. I definitely won't be staying for 2 hours though as that's just way too long for him to sit around with little to nothing to do.5) I've been in a funk the past couple days and really need to shake it. I think though, that the only things that will help me shake it is winning the lottery or going on a really long beach resort vacation. Ha!
One True Loves
6) I've read so many positive reviews about One True Loves and I'm finally reading it. After Love & Gelato, I just wanted to read another YA book. They are quick reads and very enjoyable. I'm 33% done and plan to finish it this weekend.

No comments: