Bookish and Not-So-Bookish Thoughts is a weekly blogging event hosted by Bookishly Boisterous. It allows book bloggers (and non-book bloggers) to write about pretty much anything, bookish or otherwise (i.e. share exciting plans for the weekend, rants on things they’ve encountered during the week, etc.).
1. I read Eleanor & Park over Spring Break. It was good. It wasn't "knock my socks off good" - but that's my opinion. I'm still glad I read it.
2. Fourteen days until the next break from school. This time of year I am COMPLETELY focused on countdowns...ready for 4.5 days off and a trip to the beaches of SC.
3. My book club's March meeting ended up being cancelled. Lots of people w/colds etc. In a way I was glad not to have to rush out there and instead got back a couple hours to relax at home.
4. The best part of Spring Break was that I made it to the gym 4 of the 5 days that week and rode the stationary bike for one hour each day. My knee felt GREAT all week. Now I'm back at work and my knee is back to being whiny. Ugh. Hoping to make it to the gym on Sunday. As much as I'd like to go sooner, I don't see an opportunity until Sunday.
5. I took Ethan for his 6 year check over Spring Break...see, what an exciting Spring Break we had--- (not!)...anyway, he is 47.25" tall and we are hoping & praying that he hits 48" by June since that's the height requirement for most big roller coasters!! Oh yeah!!
6. I got a whopping $17.04 in the Barnes & Noble Settlement...that was enough for 1.5 books with their insane e-book prices. Officially DONE with B&N.
7. I cannot wait to read The Invention of Wings...I'm #20 on the e-book waiting list at my library...way better than 200+ for the "real" book.
8. Really looking forward to reading Dorothea Benton Frank's newest book when it comes out in June...perfect Summer reading, as always.
9. On that note, I was trying so hard to make it to Dorothea Benton Frank's "desserts with the author" date on June 3rd in Greer, SC, but the logistics just aren't working out in my favor. Total bummer!!
10. And another missed author meeting opportunity - so bummed that Beth Hoffman's paperback tour isn't coming close enough to my neck of the woods for me to see her. Maybe on the next book?