Bookish and Not-So-Bookish Thoughts is a weekly blogging event hosted by Bookishly Boisterous. It allows book bloggers (and non-book bloggers) to write about pretty much anything, bookish or otherwise (i.e. share exciting plans for the weekend, rants on things they’ve encountered during the week, etc.).
1. I love this weekly prompt. I love it SO much that it's practically the only time I seem to get around to blogging.
2. This has been a 'rougher-than-most' type of week. Seriously, for the past month or so things in life had been going fairly well. On Monday, a couple people decided to turn my work world a bit upside down. So instead of feeling certain about the immediate future, I'm contemplating some changes. This is both good and bad.
3. I am so very thankful for only 10.5 more school days until a 4.5 day long weekend. Happy Easter!!
4. Reading this for the last 5th Grade book club of the school year. I'm only 20 pages in, but so far, so good.
5. I decided to read this one after I read Eleanor & Park, primarily because this one was written for adults vs. YA...I'm just about done with it and it's been an enjoyable read. A nice break from my usual WWII Historical Fiction reads.
6. I've been spending a lot of time being "introspective" and doing some serious thought about friendships. For some reason, it's an area I struggle in and to this day I am not really sure why. I mean, really, I don't pick my nose in public or have any other strange behaviors that would frighten someone off. I feel that I make significant efforts to maintain friendships i.e. extend invitations, being considerate, thoughtful, sharing books and/or scrapbooking goodies and other random things friends do. I also feel that I am a pretty darn good listener - the counseling degree helps of course- but yet in the end, I feel that I am constantly the one putting in more effort to friendships and frankly I'm tired of it. My time is just as worthwhile as any one else's and yet I don't feel that some of my friends feel that way. I get the whole "i'm so busy" thing because you know what....I'm busy too...yep, even though I "ONLY HAVE 1 CHILD"...which seems to make people think I'm not very busy. I'm just really saddened and in a bit of a funk about this whole scenario. And then there's the whole thing where they clearly spend time with other friends, but don't have time for me...thank you Facebook & Instagram for that. Ugh. What am I doing wrong?
7. Looking so very forward to a little "date-night" with Ethan tomorrow night. O has to work late so E and I will run some errands, go to the gym and then the mall for dinner & make some returns. I'm so glad he's such a fun little guy to be out & about with. We always have such a good time.
8. I wish I had a whole lot more time for reading every day. This could be a regular on this list.
9. I bought myself a Fitbit...3rd times a charm. I tried the Flex bracelet but I wear jewelry bracelets so that just didn't work for me. I got myself the Zip this time and I love it. It's super motivating to try to get to those 10,000 steps every day and it's NOT easy. I work in a school so I'm naturally getting more steps than someone who sits at a desk all day but it's still a challenge to get the 10k. I have to purposefully go for a walk in order to reach my goal and even then it can be hard. Last night we had just a little time after we got home to go big-wheeling (walking for me) and I still fell short with only 8100 steps all day. Darn. If you have a Fitbit, let me know so we can be friends and challenge each other.
10. I still miss running...especially since I weigh 9lbs more today than I did one year ago. I hate that.