Bookish and Not-So-Bookish Thoughts is a weekly blogging event hosted by Bookishly Boisterous. It allows book bloggers (and non-book bloggers) to write about pretty much anything, bookish or otherwise (i.e. share exciting plans for the weekend, rants on things they’ve encountered during the week, etc.).
1. Monday is my 7th anniversary. Whoa. We made it 7 years. Let's just say it's NOT been easy. Marriage is hard work. Like really hard work. The last 6 months of 2013 were WAY harder than the previous 6.5 years. I'm thankful that the past 2 months have brought some peace and calm back into my life. On that note, Sunday we are having a day to ourselves in Gatlinburg, shopping, walking, maybe go-karting, while E spends the WHOLE day (miracle!) with his grandma. Fun. Fun. Fun.
2. I'm reading THE BEACH HOUSE by Mary Alice Monroe right now. It's been enjoyable though there was one part that sorta knocked me a bit off my feet...not in a good way either...you see, the main character is 40 yrs old, close to my age, she chose a career path and recently lost her job and is reflecting on the fact that she has no children. At one point, she and her friend are reminiscing about when they were in their 20s and how life was for them at that time, including the ease of maintaining their weight etc. Yikes, that's when I thought to myself "wait! that is me! I am in my 40s and yes, life was so easy when I was 20"...Then I put on my big-girl panties, kept reading and accepted where I am in life despite it's not-so-perfect setting.
3. I hate living in a town that isn't big enough for frequent (or good) author visits. Atlanta and Nashville are close, but not close enough for a weeknight event. I am missing out on two author events in Atlanta for that very reason. Boo!
4. Our travels to SC for Easter were good, though the weather was pretty crummy. Still, we managed to walk the Ravenel Bridge, walk on the beaches, eat at Poe's and enjoy some "down time" in the Lowcountry.
5. A friend of mine, aware of my love of SC, told me about the reality show "Southern Charm"...so I watched the 1st episode on On Demand last night and all I have to say is WOW, those people are spoiled brats, well, most of them anyway. I'm not sure I can continue to watch, but it does feel like that whole train wreck thing...you don't want to look, but really can't help it.
6. Hopefully I'm not jinxing things, but I do think that Spring has finally arrived. Thank goodness!!
7. I had a great walking workout at the gym on Monday. It was a much better workout than my previous stationary bike workouts. I walked for 70 minutes and read my book at the same time. Win/Win. Looking forward to more workouts like that and hoping they help me get the muscle tone back that I lost from surgery.
8. I've been taking the AR quizzes at school that our students have to take. The librarians are doing this neat "tour" around the library based on how many points a student has. Right now I have 106 points so I am in "Neverland" We have a student w/450 points right now!!!! They had to make a new "land" just for her. I've also realized it's hard to remember fine details from books. For example, I failed the test for THE HELP...embarrassing, but true. And I LOVED that book too! But it has been 4 years since I've read it.
9. That's all I got this week. Happy reading friends!!