Thursday, May 22, 2014

Bookish and Not-So-Bookish Thoughts

Bookish and Not-So-Bookish Thoughts is a weekly blogging event hosted by Bookishly Boisterous. It allows book bloggers (and non-book bloggers) to write about pretty much anything, bookish or otherwise (i.e. share exciting plans for the weekend, rants on things they’ve encountered during the week, etc.).
*********************************************************************************


1. Today is Field Day!! Wahoo....except that it's supposed to rain. :( Hoping it holds out and waits until we are done outside.

2. Simply cannot wait for school to be done so I can read, read, read!!

3. Didn't fare too well with the latest Bout of Books read-a-thon...I read a total of 438 pages...probably more than a normal week when I'm not focusing on reading ALOT, but still would have liked to have done better.

4. In the past 3 years, this last week of school has been pretty low-key...not at all how it's been this year. Ugh. What is wrong w/people? A lot!
6837103
5. After reading The Kitchen House - which I ABSOLUTELY LOVED and will be recommending to EVERYONE under the sun for the rest of my life...I am in a slavery-time-frame for reading and so I plan to read WENCH next!

6751356

5. Had to make a few adjustments to our FL trip...I've been calling it "Florida on Steroids" because it sorta grew and grew into a ginormous trip with LOTS of plans. We scaled back and reduced it by one day and one park. I have mixed feelings about it, but it is in the better interest of our sanity.

6. I just want to make and bake things that I find on Pinterest all day long. *sigh*

7. And I guess that's all I have right now...happy Thursday folks!!

3 comments:

Travel & Dive Girl said...

Ahh, Pinterest makes me feel inferior to everyone, but I can't give it up!

Unknown said...

I hope the rain stayed away!

~**Dawn**~ said...

I hope you're ready for some heat. Holy heck, we've been hotter than normal. Mid 90s in May, flirting with 100. (We almost never get to triple digits. At least not in temp. Humidity is a totally different story.) The humidity has been building too, but the daily rains haven't kicked in north of Tampa yet. They fizzle before they hit the interior most days. Which stinks because I am tired of paying to water my lawn. Rainy season usually starts in June though, so bring a second set of shoes, just in case! ;-) I can deal with everything but wet feet when I'm in the parks and it rains.