Wednesday, November 04, 2015

I'm thankful...

It's the month of GRATITUDE...and so here is a list of things I am thankful for...I'm the first to admit that recognizing what I should be thankful for is a challenge for me...so this took many days to put together. Don't judge. At least I own it. :)

1. I'm thankful for road trips with O & E. Got one this weekend. Woot!

2. I'm thankful for two pain-free fully functioning knees.

3. I'm thankful for Hershey’s chocolate.

4. I'm thankful for nightly reading time with Ethan.

5. I'm thankful for Project Runway…those people have mad skillz.

6. I'm thankful for my iPad, which I use primarily for reading.

7. I'm thankful for Ethan’s random "I love you more!” exclamations.

8. I'm thankful for Caramel Pumpkin Swirl wallflowers from Bath & Body Works. They smell delicious. 

9. I'm thankful for pedicures. 

10. I'm thankful for Diet Dr. Pepper, whether it’s bad for me or not.

11. I'm thankful for consistency. In many areas.

12. I'm thankful for weekends.

13. I'm thankful for hot showers.

14. I'm thankful for people who are genuine.

15. I'm thankful for v-neck running shirts. 

16. I'm thankful for good listeners, though it seems that they are a dying breed.

17. I'm thankful for people who are understanding & open-minded. Another dying breed.

18. I'm thankful for technology...I love my iPhone and iPad. 

19. I'm thankful for work days that fly by.

20. I'm thankful that my hamstring is finally on the mend.

2 comments:

~**Dawn**~ said...

I think that learning gratitude may be a lot like running (from what I've gathered since I don't run LOL). You improve with practice. Lots and lots of practice. Some days it's easier to do it than others. Some days you have to force yourself to get it done. It becomes a way of life the more you do it. And you never regret having done it once you're done. =)

8. I have a BBW candle in that scent. It is dangerously delicious.

Numbers 14, 16, and 17 are all qualities I strive to possess. (Some days, I'm better at those than others, too.) And kindness as well. All things I feel like we need more of in this world.

*krystyn* said...

Dawn - my experience says you are very good at 14, 16, and 17!! :)