Thursday, May 05, 2016

Bookish and Not-So-Bookish Thoughts



Bookish and Not-So-Bookish Thoughts is a weekly blogging event hosted by Bookishly Boisterous. It allows book bloggers (and non-book bloggers) to write about pretty much anything, bookish or otherwise (i.e. share exciting plans for the weekend, rants on things encountered during the week. **************************************************************************************

1) I don't have enough goals in a month to justify a whole post on them, so I thought I could include a couple of them here. Hopefully writing them down will help them come to fruition, right? Here goes: the #1 absolute most important goal for me in May is to find a new job. I am a bit too paranoid to elaborate but I am pretty sure I mentioned the toxic environment. I sure wish the job-searching process was an easier process.  I would also LOVE to read 4 books in the month of May...especially since I probably only read 2 during April. 

 

2) Hipster or not - these beards are awful IMO. They just look sloppy, lazy and dirty to me. This is where I am thankful that my husband is so NOT a hipster. 
23122742

3) Considering reading this book next...after Americanah I will need something a bit lighter, shorter and easier.

4) I'm really wanting to do an Orange Theory workout class. I know the first one is free, but there are so many reasons why it just won't work for me....it's not conveniently located to me at all, no child care, which means I'd have be there and back to school by 6pm and with the distance, it simply would not work, or it would stress me out so much that I'd be a hot mess. Then there's the cost...I've heard it's pricey and I already pay for the YMCA so it wouldn't make sense from that perspective either. I'm frustrated though because my weight is at a standstill (hello, plateau!) and I need to try/do something different to jump start things. After reading about OT, it sure seems like a great way to shock the body into changing. Ugh!!

5) So now 3 of my friends from work will not be here next year. I suspect there are more coming. I'm super sad and frustrated. And happy for them...and a bit jealous too...though that can be scary...I do need a job, but one in a healthier environment sure would be my preference at this point.

6) Ran 3.1 last night. First run since Saturday and I felt pretty good. Picked up the pace even. I'm trying to be creative with my training, so I not only ran faster, but I put the incline at 1.0 and will do that from now on. They say 1.0 is a better simulation to running outdoors...maybe it will help me better prepare for upcoming races, especially since I never have time to fit in long runs. 


7) Though I have more than 10 books on my iPad that I could read next, I'm feeling like I really need to buy Glory Over Everything and read it first. I SO loved The Kitchen House and I'm certain this too will be fabulous, but my practical self is telling me not to spend the money. Someone should tell her to shut up. I need this book.

8) We have had crummy weather this week, rain and hail. Ugh. I haven't been able to get my errands done because of it. Our baseball game was rained out on Monday and now today looks like rain too so we could be rained out again. Argh. I SO enjoy watching Ethan play baseball and we haven't played for over a week since he missed a game last week for the Spring concert. On the upside, if he's rained out, we are heading to the Y where I will completely enjoy my much-missed yoga class. #BrightSide

9) This weekend will be crazy busy...Ethan will make his 1st Communion on Saturday morning. We will enjoy lunch and some cake and then hopefully have some down time in the afternoon. Sunday, of course, is Mother's Day....Oscar is going to grill some carne asada for tacos for my mom and I....at my mom's request. Haha! He's a good son-in-law. I'm not much of a red meat eater, but I'll make an exception for these.

10) 24 days of school left for us. 10 days left for students in the county. Oh it's gonna be a long (and painful) 14 days.

1 comment:

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Have a great Mother's Day...the tacos sound good!

Enjoy whatever you decide to read next...sometimes I change my mind a lot from my planned reads. Whimsical.

Thanks for sharing, and good luck on the job hunt. Here's MY BOOKISH THURSDAY POST