Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Funky Days


That's what I'm calling this time period I am in...funky days. Ugh!

So while this may not be the most happy and upbeat post, I think we are all entitled to some moaning & groaning (or bitching) every once in a while...so if that's not your thing, by all means, you don't have to read this, but ugh I'm ready for some brighter days....I know they are coming.

*I was planning to apply to be a race ambassador for a big race nearby and when the application came out, it said they only consider past participants or past ambassadors. Boo! I probably won't bother even signing up to run it now since I'm cutting back on racing next year (or sooner).

*Speaking of cutting back on racing, my knee is so unhappy lately. I probably need to at least put KT tape on it for running, but I am not confident enough that I can do it correctly, so instead I just don't bother. I'm convinced that if someone set up at races to apply KT tape for $10-20pp, they would make a killing. Hey race directors - do you hear that?!?!?!

*Drama and stress continue in the workplace. It's become a standard of living at this point. #sadbuttrue

*Ran 3.1 last night. It wasn't easy, in fact it felt like I hadn't run in years. What gives? I'm so frustrated by the inconsistency in running...maybe that's normal, but it's also discouraging.

*Ethan and I are volunteering this Saturday for packet pickup for a Triathalon on Sunday. It's supposed to rain (A LOT) on Saturday. I want to back out, but the volunteering is tied to a fundraiser. Ack!

*Saturday is also the Children's Reading Festival...right near the packet pickup (good news)....but again, it's going to rain cats and dogs. Festivals are not fun in the pouring rain. 

*I am running a half marathon on Sunday. There is still a bit of rain in the forecast. Ugh. #whatnext

*While I love doing activities and such with Ethan...I DO NOT love school assignments that are not age appropriate, meaning that the parent has to do 80% of the work...yep and we have one of those coming up next week. Maybe they need a reminder that not all moms are Stay-At-Home-Moms...just saying!

*OK - I think I'll stop there...that's probably enough. I'm sure there are more things contributing to my funky days but no need to go on and on I suppose.

*I hope none of you are suffering in some funky days!

No comments: