Thursday, October 02, 2014

Bookish and Not-So-Bookish Thoughts

Bookish and Not-So-Bookish Thoughts is a weekly blogging event hosted by Bookishly Boisterous. It allows book bloggers (and non-book bloggers) to write about pretty much anything, bookish or otherwise (i.e. share exciting plans for the weekend, rants on things they’ve encountered during the week, etc.).
*********************************************************************************

1) Well, it seems like these are the only blog posts I'm able to squeeze in every week. *sigh* Gone are the days of daily blog posting.

2) October is anti-bullying month, which means all my classroom guidance lessons are about bullying prevention. Sometimes it doesn't seem worthwhile...I teach and teach anti-bullying/bullying prevention and kids still do mean things to one another...always have, always will. 

3) Trying really hard to get my knee ready to return to running. Of course, the doctor hasn't released me to run yet, but I figure I can still work on getting ready. I see the doctor on Oct 14 and while I don't think I'll be released that day, I'm hoping he has some good suggestions for knee strengthening exercises. Meanwhile, I'm doing tons of squats at home every night. Ick!

4) No shock to anyone who has been reading my blog for a while but boy do I wish I had a whole day to just sit and read. Of course, the other dilemma is where to read...maybe I'd start at Starbucks for a while, but that could get old after a few hours. I really don't have a great reading spot at home. I was hoping to have one by now out on my screened in patio (to-be)...we were hoping to pour it tomorrow but now there is an 80% chance of rain, so no concrete for us. :(

5) I am a planner. I also love spontaneity. I cannot stand it though when people wait until the last minute to plan or confirm something...like when the baseball coach wants to change next Friday's game to this Saturday morning at 10am. They asked everyone via text yesterday who could be there. So far we still don't know if we will play on Saturday morning. A message came out that said the coach is going to wait until tomorrow's game to ask everyone...um...didn't we just do that over text...and some people like to know before 8pm on Friday night if they need to be back at 10am for another game. Come on people....get your shit together!

6) I am so looking forward to returning to Yoga class this Sunday....it will be hard to go every week because the hubs and I both enjoy this class but it's not practical to hire a sitter every Sunday. This should be a good jump start though to getting back to it and hopefully I'll manage to go to the Thursday 7pm class at the YMCA where they provide child care. I have to do SOMETHING more until I can run again.
cross of faith bracelet {pewter}
7) I want this bracelet. And a few billion more things from her website.

8) Happy Thursday!!!

No comments: