Thursday, January 28, 2016

Bookish and Not So Bookish Thoughts

Bookish and Not-So-Bookish Thoughts is a weekly blogging event hosted by Bookishly Boisterous. It allows book bloggers (and non-book bloggers) to write about pretty much anything, bookish or otherwise (i.e. share exciting plans for the weekend, rants on things&encountered during the week. *********************************************************************************
Photo by Elkmont Half Marathon/Facebook


1) If I read, see, or hear one more thing about the bloodhound that "accidentally" ran a 1/2 marathon and came in 7th place, I may scream. Yes, it's cute and funny, but it's been ALL.OVER. my Facebook and now it showed up in my blog feed. Ack!!

2) I cannot remember how I learned about this app, but just discovered it last week One Second Everyday - you film a super short video each day and it takes 1 second of that and then it will compile them into one video...so after say 30 days, you have a 30 second video with a clip from each day. I can't wait to get 30 days done...I'm only on day 2. Pretty sure I'll keep it to all video clips of Ethan....1st day was bedtime reading and yesterday was doing homework...thank goodness the weekend days will be a little more exciting. 

3) Can January just be over please? Thank you! 

4) While I'm wishing my life away, how about if the school year is just over too??!?

5) I'm just about done with Z: A novel of Zelda Fitzgerald...I only have about 25 pages to go but I just couldn't get through them last night -too tired--but let me say wow, F. Scott Fitzgerald is a complete jackass!!! Holy moly! I know in "those days" the "non-feminist" attitudes were "normal" but I would have socked him in the mouth by now. 

6) So not cool that The Mysteries of Laura was a re-run last night? What has happened to TV? (the little bit I watch anyway)...They air 3 new episodes and then hand us an episode from October? Seriously, these actors need to work more...especially for the insane $$$ they earn. Entertain me, geesh!!!

7) Where is the snow? It's January!! It's going to be 64 on Monday and 70 on Tuesday!!! That is just wrong!! Now I DO love warm weather, but I also REALLY LOVE snow days! In January, I want SNOW DAYS!!!


8) My mom was recently reading "Before I Go To Sleep" and kept telling me how good it is and that she thinks I'd like it. I wasn't opposed to reading it though it's not my typical genre...then she told me that it is also a movie...after discovering that the book is (1) not available electronically at my library and (2) it costs $12 on amazon for the e-book, and (3) discovering that Colin Firth is in the movie...yep, I rented it on iTunes and watched it last weekend. I still love Colin Firth but this was definitely a different role for him. Whoa!

9) I don't want to jinx myself, but I ran a mile last night after an exercise class I did and I had ZERO foot pain!! Wow! I can't believe it. I'm going to run (longer) tonight and see if I have the same results. I've been doing some of the hip exercises so hopefully that is helping. 

10) Pretty sure I have my costumes all complete for the Disney races next month. A friend of mine did the shirt for my Belle costume because I just couldn't find anything I liked. I'm not a tank top kind of gal so that wasn't an option. I also don't care for the phrase "This beauty runs like a beast"...um, yeah, no. So I bought a plain white vneck at Michaels and she cut me an awesome design I found on-line with vinyl and I have my Belle shirt. Woot!! I also have the option of wearing a yellow long sleeve vneck underneath if it's chilly that day. Both of the previous times I've done the WDW Princess 1/2 I wore two layers the entire time and did not overheat, so I'm thinking that will be the plan this time too. Sidenote: I also weigh at least 10lbs less than I did when I ran it the last two times so I'm super stoked to have a big improvement on my finish time. 

3 comments:

Reading with Jade said...

I've read Before I Go To Sleep, but the story was a little predictable, however I am interested in seeing the film despite that. I'm just always interested in how a book is adapted in to the film format.

Ooo... Will we get to see pictures from your race? Interested in this costume. Good luck with that!

Reading With Jade

LaliMama said...

I hope you share your race costume with us--I would love to see it! I have a slight obsession with peopleʻs race costumes from the Disney races...like, I have an entire board on Pinterest dedicated to them!

~**Dawn**~ said...

5. I read the book "Gatsby's Girl" which was also a novel that included F Scott Fitzgerald. and I concur. Total jerk.

7. It is going to be 81-83 the next three days. Take one guess how I feel about that. =P But then the rest of the 2-week forecast shows temps in the 60s and 70s, so I am hopeful those 80s are just a weird hiccup.