2) So I'm a bit (or more) bummed out about not having a 1/2 marathon to run in March. *sigh* In fact, I only have one 5k on the calendar this month. Not my choice, but it's all I could find. The Chattanooga 1/2 is this Sunday but just didn't work out logistically.
3) Last week I did a lesson with 7th and 8th grade on Time Management. I was floored to see how much time the kids spend watching Netflix. What is the draw there? When I had a subscription I thought everything on there was sooooooooooooo old...nothing new....or maybe there are different subscription levels that I don't know about. I don't subscribe now...heck I barely watch much more than The Mysteries of Laura. I'm a few weeks behind on Downton too. Of course they spend hours on their phones, but the Netflix really surprised me. YouTube is a big time suck for them too. Blah! I am so NOT into any of that stuff...but then again, I'm not a middle schooler (thank goodness!).
4) I'm seriously considering doing back-to-back 1/2 marathons....April 30 and May 1. I've already signed up for the Rock N Roll Nashville on April 30th and then of course here at home locally is the 13.1 (with a really cool medal, of course) so I'm thinking I NEED to do that one too. I have not been sore the day after the last 2 half marathons I ran so I think this is totally doable. This will also help make up for not having one to run in March.
5) Excited to see Zootopia tomorrow with Ethan and my mom. The previews had me laughing so hard that I'm looking forward to laughing for 90 minutes straight. I definitely need the laughs after the last couple weeks I've had. Geesh!!
6) I love raisins! I love them in and on just about everything. I seem to encounter A LOT of people who do NOT love raisins. What is wrong with them? Raisinets - the best candy ever!!! Seriously, you can kind of feel almost healthy while eating them since they have raisins, right? Do you love (or hate) raisins??
7) So my cat, Milo (the black & white one in picture up top) has become quite a pest over the past few months with excessive meowing...like seriously excessive. I can tolerate quite a bit but for me to write about it here, you know it's got to be bad. During the day when I'm home (weekends), he is an average "meower" but the evenings is when we are having HUGE problems...he starts crying to the level of what must be the equivalent of screaming for humans...he has food, water, clean litter box...what the heck else does he need? The kicker though is that the minute all lights go out at night, he starts to constantly meow and then fusses with the blinds on my bedroom window (which makes a completely annoying and loud noise) but he doesn't want to get ON the windowsill. Yes, I have raised the blinds so he could, but he doesn't...he just reaches higher to bang on them. This is also where my treadmill is located and if I leave it down, he walks on it which also makes noise, so now I have to raise it every.single.night. OMG - this is awful to the point where I have had to lock him in my office on the other side of my (small) house so that I cannot hear him. It's so frequent that the minute I get up out of bed to lock him up, he races right to the room. Ugh!! By the way, I have another cat too, his sister, Hula....she does not engage in this ridiculous behavior. I have read everything I could find on line about the increase in meowing and the only thing left is a possible health issue. We have a vet appointment tomorrow and I really hope they figure out what the heck his deal is because while I am annoyed, my husband is MUCH beyond annoyed, even though he only has to endure it for 3 nights/week.
8) My local running store is offering "Yoga for Runners" next Wednesday and I'm super stoked. Hoping mom can watch Ethan so I can enjoy this heavenly hour. I already do Yoga 1-2x at the YMCA but it's not called "Yoga for Runners" so I'll be interested to see what the difference is. Can't wait!!!
9) If you scrapbook, do you ever think it's a waste of money or time? Or even more - what the heck you are going to do with all these albums? What if my kids or family don't care about them? Will they eventually end up in the garbage somewhere? Should I even bother? This thought pops into my head a few times every year, but I haven't given up the hobby (habit?) yet. I am way behind on my Project Life this year already and the Disney trip doesn't help since I'm completely overwhelmed about which pictures to even include. I haven't even ordered any yet. Anyway, that's my pensive moment of the week (or month)...
10) And then there is reading...I've gotten REALLY good at reading WHILE running on the treadmill. Most people are surprised by this but it's totally doable...honestly it probably keeps me ON the treadmill too since I'm able to enjoy some reading time as well. I don't care for watching TV while running since I can't hear it anyway...reading works!! Every try it?