Thursday, March 31, 2016

Bookish and Not So Bookish Thoughts


Bookish and Not-So-Bookish Thoughts is a weekly blogging event hosted by Bookishly Boisterous. It allows book bloggers (and non-book bloggers) to write about pretty much anything, bookish or otherwise (i.e. share exciting plans for the weekend, rants on things encountered during the week. **************************************************************************************




















1) This has not been the best week. Not even close. Probably even ranks in the worst 10 weeks of my life...the reason...we lost our sweet precious Hula on Easter Sunday. I'm working on a detailed post of what happened but just haven't had the time (or emotional stability) to sit down and finish it...she deserves a tribute and that's what I'm working on. Ethan and I have struggled & shed many tears. I've been pleasantly surprised by so many  kind & supportive coworkers...it's meant so much to me as we forge on through the week.
2) Ethan and I read this book Tuesday night. It was really good for sharing with a child who is struggling with pet loss (and honestly, good for his mom too).

3) I'm running a local 5k this Saturday...it doesn't start until 7pm which is strange and challenging when it comes to eating. It's actually big 'ole race weekend here as it's the Covenant Health Knoxville Marathon weekend, so there are races aplenty. While I (always) hope to PR and this one finishes on the 50 yard line of Neyland stadium, my last few runs have been slowish, so I'm a bit discouraged.

4) I've found yet another reason to LOVE Pinterest....it is a great coping mechanism and I've been using it to look at adorable cat pictures and cat shirts...here are some that I love and just may have to purchase.

Cats...Because People Suck: Stop Stressing Meowt Love Cats T-Shirt by ResilienceStreetwear
Hey Good Bookin’ Tee. Whos the cutie with her nose in a novel? #grey #modcloth:  Cat Problems - Cats Cats Cats - Skreened T-shirts, Organic Shirts, Hoodies, Kids Tees, Baby One-Pieces and Tote Bags:

5) In happier news, I just became an Ambassador for a local-ish marathon/half marathon and I'm super excited. I'll be doing a whole post on it very soon, so I'll save all the details for then.

6) I have book club on Sunday. The book is 400+ pages and though easy "chick-lit" type...I'm on page 14...not looking good for me to finish. I was holding out on the library e-book, next in line and still hasn't come through so Tuesday night I finally spent the $8 to buy the darn thing. Ugh!

1 comment:

LaliMama said...

I am so sorry for your loss! Losing a pet family member is so hard and I hope you all feel better soon. I canʻt wait to read your tribute to Hula.