Thursday, November 18, 2010

meh

that explains the kind of day I'm having...sorta.

I knew dropoff for E would not go well today and although I remained calm and truly believe he wasn't sensing my fear...I was right and he went into full-blown meltdown...that's what FIVE days at home will do (weekend + 3 sick days).

I am really bad at letting these scenarios alter my mood for the day or at least a few hours.

Then when I got to work today I had 3 class lessons with the 8th graders. While they were somewhat enjoyable...they were also somewhat painful. I KNOW I was not as obnoxious when I was in 8th grade. Ugh!
Side Note: our lesson today involved cutting some things out of magazines and one student stumbled upon an article that said "Today's kids are more obnoxious"...at which point I had to try very hard at not busting out in laughter and agreeing (out loud) with the article. Classic!

I have class tonight. It's sort of the last class...well, it was going to be but then we decided we would meet on our real last class day (Dec 2) but at a restaurant off campus for dinner (and drinks!)...so that will be fun. Normally I'm not dreading school/class but today I just want to go home. I didn't have time for a run last night, won't tonight either or on Friday. So frustrating. 

It's times/days like these that make my feelings of bitterness rise to the surface. I fight hard to keep them hidden (and I think I do a good job in real life)..but you may see some of that here...it's safer here than IRL.

O is going to AZ for the weekend. It's a "mommy & E" weekend and well, I couldn't be happier. Looking forward to two FULL days of peace and cuddling.

2 comments:

emilysuze said...

Congrats on being so close to done! I bet it's an amazing feeling--minus the daycare meltdowns and obnoxious middle school kids. :)

Enjoy your weekend with your little man!

Beatriz said...

At least the hour counting is almost over with :)

I had a similar situation with my freshmen when I taught.

Freshmen girl: Miss are you gonna have kids?

Me: None of your business.

Girl: Come on Miss, are ya?

Me: No they turn into freshmen who ask inappropriate questions.

Girl: MISS!!!!

True story! :) So I would have laughed and said, "So true!"

Hope you have a great weekend!