Monday, November 15, 2010

sick day

I'm home with E today..he has the Croup. This is our 2nd bout with it. It came on virtually overnight...bizarre, yet typical of Croup. Of course, you would never know anything is wrong with him by his behavior, he's as active as usual and in a rather pleasant mood, which makes it easier for mom.

The only negative...I had to miss work today and I'm really crunching the hours in order to make the requirements for internship...ugh. I will be so happy to NOT be counting my hours anymore once January gets here. :)

Anyway, it's always nice to have an extra day at home to get caught up on anything I didn't get done over the weekend...like the one page write up I have to do for class on Thursday. Yay!

And the emails I've been needing to respond to. 

And the extra laundry that I didn't get to.

You get the point.

Of course, it will be excruciatingly painful to return to work tomorrow...that's the downfall of an extra day off.

But on the bright side...4 day work week and then only a 2 day work week next week. Hooray!!!

Hope your Monday is happy!

1 comment:

Latrell said...

We just had a bout of the Croup too. Katie was fine when I picked her up from daycare, she plaid all afternoon like life was great. Then later that afternoon she came to watch TV in the floor next to me while I worked on homework. She fell to sleep, when I went to pick her up she coughed and I thought it sounded horrible and found it odd, but then a couple hours later she was crying like crazy and saying her chest hurt, and coughing this horrible Croup cough. I spent the rest of the night in the bathroom with a hot shower, the steam seems to really help her breath better. Hope E gets better fast!