Thursday, April 28, 2016

Bookish and Not-So-Bookish Thoughts

Bookish and Not-So-Bookish Thoughts is a weekly blogging event hosted by Bookishly Boisterous. It allows book bloggers (and non-book bloggers) to write about pretty much anything, bookish or otherwise (i.e. share exciting plans for the weekend, rants on things encountered during the week. **************************************************************************************

1) While I love Spring, it the hardest time of year at school...and it's not because kids have "spring fever", but instead because where I work, no one is guaranteed a contract for the next school year and so everyone is on "pins & needles" waiting to see if they get one, meanwhile those who aren't getting a contract are called into the principal's office and told so. I struggle with this every year, particularly because I can't imagine being told that and then still having 6ish weeks of work left. Four of my co-workers/friends were affected this week...yesterday was an awful day. It is a blessing in disguise, I know that, but it is always hard to see initially. This place has become more and more toxic in the past couple years, which is very sad. I have been looking for something different for a while now...really hoping something surfaces soon because I don't know how I can spend another year here. 

2) I just can't help but love love LOVE this card one of my friends (above) sent this morning. It's so perfect. So fitting for this week. 

3) Baseball Update: the girl on our team got a hit on Monday night. Hooray!! Progress....and less screaming from her mom. Woohoo!! It was a great game for everyone as we could see improvement by all...even though we lost, the kids played so much better. Ethan even got his very FIRST (inside the park) home run. Proud mama here!
4) Today is my 9th anniversary. It is also the Spring Concert tonight...which is really "ok" since Ethan loves it and has a speaking part. Oscar will even be home in time to go to the show with us, which rarely happens. #winwin

5) Experiencing way more nerves and anxiety over this weekend's back to back half marathons than I thought I would. Oh well...the worst thing is that I walk a lot of the race on Sunday, but I'm going all out on Saturday. I'm also changing my intervals to 45 seconds walk/run...hopefully that will help me feel better come mile 9. 

6)  I'm still reading Americanah and really enjoying it. It's a bazillion pages so it will take me a while. My mom is in the same book w/me for this book and says she hates it and may be "sick" for book club. Oh well, I guess it's just not for everyone.

No comments: