Thursday, April 21, 2016

Bookish and Not-So-Bookish Thoughts

Bookish and Not-So-Bookish Thoughts is a weekly blogging event hosted by Bookishly Boisterous. It allows book bloggers (and non-book bloggers) to write about pretty much anything, bookish or otherwise (i.e. share exciting plans for the weekend, rants on things encountered during the week. **************************************************************************************18692431



1) Woot! Finished this book in 2 days...can't remember the last time that happened. And bonus that I was on the elliptical machine while reading the first half of the book (65 minutes!). Yay for multi-tasking...that's what it's all about folks!! Back to the book...I really enjoyed the characters and the story as well, though I did have the ending figured out about half way through the book (and I usually don't do that)....it felt very much like "Fault in Our Stars"...

2) You know how when you don't eat/drink something for a while and then you do, it tastes absolutely wonderful??? Yeah, well I really need to take a break from Diet Dr Pepper so that it tastes SUPER YUMMY again because day after day makes it less enjoyable...the problem is that I can't imagine giving it up...I have nothing to replace it with. #FirstWorldProblems

3) I took Monday and Tuesday off from running...somewhat voluntarily, but also with the broken treadmill, it's hard to squeeze in running time with other commitments after school....soooo Wednesday we went to the YMCA where I ran a rock-star 4.25 miles and could have kept going, but got bored and also didn't want to be at the Y much over an hour...we still had dinner and homework to do...now, I'm not sure it was the 2 rest days or the fact that I ate 1/2 a Quest bar and also a Stinger Caramel Waffle that helped my run so much. I'm trying hard to NOT be superstitious as I really don't want to HAVE to eat those things before (almost) every run. 

4) Crazy baseball mom of that little girl is still at it. As the team warmed up on Monday before the game, she made the little girl cry...at that point, I couldn't take it any longer and walked over to the coach, told him I am probably "butting in" but that I just couldn't listen to it anymore and if he could be on the "lookout" for her and pair her with someone to throw with so her mom isn't throwing to her (while yelling "If you don't try, we are going home!")....he did help in this and then during the game said to me "I never heard it until you said something to me."---I'm so glad I'm not going crazy. Now we just need this sweet, adorable girl to crush the ball when she is at bat so her mom will shut the ef up. #SomePeopleShouldntHaveKids

5) Next Thursday is my 9th wedding anniversary. It's pretty much a miracle that we've made it this long. We will celebrate by Oscar coming home from work on Thursday (instead of usual Friday) and then Friday, Ethan and I will take a half day and we'll head to Nashville so I can run the RNR half marathon on Saturday. I'm so excited about the hotel we got too!!

6) I rarely (basically never) chime in on political issues but looks like that may have to change...I just saw a FB post that Target is allowing Transgender peeps to use whichever bathroom they choose. OK - now...don't get me wrong - I am ALL about being WHO YOU ARE and I have no qualms at all about LGBT people, I have gay friends etc....but my issue lies in that when I go to the store, it is 99% of the time WITH Ethan. He is 8 and basically "too old" to enter the Womens bathroom with me....though I have still taken him in with me at times, but it's usually his choice at this point. Well, that choice just went out the window because he will NOT be going into ANY Mens restroom alone again. The only thing Target has going for them on this is that they have a Family restroom by the Pharmacy and we will have to use that one - seems we ALWAYS have to use the restroom when we are at Target - but I am considering decreasing or simply not shopping there any longer. 

1 comment:

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Oh, I hate when parents behave badly, bordering on verbally abusive. Glad you said something to the coach.

I am curious about Everything Everything...

Here's MY BOOKISH THURSDAY POST