Monday, May 17, 2010

pleasantly surprised

~Finally something GOOD happened on a Monday - miracle!!

~My dad booked our annual vacation today and we are headed to Orlando!! Woot!! So excited.

~It was really unexpected as we typically go to Myrtle Beach, which is really nice, but we waited too long to book this year (even though we started this process a couple months ago) and I was initially really limited with when I could go, but then that opened up a bit as well.

~Florida had been our first choice all along this year and we were hoping for the Destin area since it's closer to home and less of a drive. Apparently everyone else in TN and GA too, had the same idea. No luck there.

~Then a couple weeks ago my dad was able to book us in Florida...but in Ft. Lauderdale!! I got on Google Maps and discovered that it's WAY FAR AWAY...for driving anyway...and we were only going for 3-4 days, so that just wasn't going to work.

~Well, low and behold, it turns out the only timeshare properties with availability in late July/early August are in Orlando, so that's where we are headed. The resort has 4 pools, 2 kiddie-pool areas and 2 lazy rivers. Who could ask for more?

~I can't wait to see Mickey and Dawn and Brandi again. Oh and wait 'til I tell Ethan!! :)

~Florida, here we come...Hello Hot & Sticky!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds fun! Any vacation involving Disney/Orlando is good in my book :)

~ROW~ said...

WooHoo!!! Glad you get to go to Disneyworld!

justem said...

Very cool!! :)

emilysuze said...

So very exciting! Twice in one year, you're just having too much fun! :)

Anonymous said...

Fun! David has a trip to Nashville the end of July. . .so I guess now it doesn't matter that I can't go with him, since you won't be there! (And yes, you totally would have made the however long it is drive from Knoxville to Nashville just to meet me in person and find out how lame I really am!).