Sunday, October 03, 2010

through the clouds

That is how I was seeing everything up until taking that scary comprehensive test...through the clouds...or at least, dark & dreary anyway. The sun has come out now that the test is behind me...now I just have to hope that I passed. Ack!!

The test was 3 questions. Essay. Must pass two. In 3 hours, I typed 16 pages...I cannot imagine failing after writing (and including) all the information that I did. If I miss one of the two required, I will be told which one I missed, given one week to prepare and then go in to complete it orally. I hope I don't have to do that, but it's kind of a lot easier to swallow since I'll at least KNOW WHAT TO STUDY....which was the huge anxiety provoker in this whole thing to begin with.

On the bright side, timing has been great though. I had a school in service on Friday that was done at 2:30pm. Hooray for that. I headed over to Kroger to pick up E's Singulair and got my flu shot at the same time. It seems very WEIRD to get a flu shot @ the grocery store. Just saying! I then went to pick up E and we came home to relax a bit and also get caught up on my sadly neglected chores. Later we headed out to the high school football game, which was a lot of fun.

Saturday was "Momma & Ethan day" (that's what I call it anyway) and we headed out to do our errands...nothing too exciting, groceries, recycling center, lunch @ ChickFila for BOTH of us for $2 - thank you coupons!

Sunday - nothing on the agenda at all. I went out for a newspaper and to fill up the gas tank and that is all. Not going anywhere for the rest of the day, which is fine since it's a miserable 55 and cloudy. That feels REALLY cold considering yesterday it was 75 here!!! WTH?

The best part of this weekend...Fall Break is tomorrow...my first official school employee day off. Hooray!! E & I are heading south to Chattanooga for the day....lots of fun stuff to do down there and bonus that we'll be passing (and stopping at) a Publix on the way home.

It's great going to bed w/o the dread of that test hanging over my head. I even read more of "The Book Thief" last night, I need to get thru it and on to another book for fun.

And best of all...been doing some scrapbooking...off to do some more now. ¡Adios!

8 comments:

Beatriz said...

Congratulations! Glad to hear that your exam is done with :) I am sure you will not have to do the oral presentation, you studied so hard for that exam!

Well have fun and enjoy your school holidays!

emilysuze said...

So nice that your test is behind you! Enjoy your holiday and having fun with E!

Tricia said...

glad to see you on the other side of the scary test! I'm sure you did great! Enjoy your extra day with Ethan!

Pretty Zesty said...

The weather is CRAZY! It was so freakin humid in NYC this week and then the weekend was chilly and fall-like. Hope you enjoy the rest of your sunday!

beholdthemetatron.com

justem said...

Woohoo for the test being OVER!!!

Travel & Dive Girl said...

You must feel like the weight of the world has been removed from your shoulders - congrats! Enjoy your down time now...

*krystyn* said...

SA- I hope you are right about not having to do the oral presentation part. Ack!!

Em-Thanks!! Looking forward to fun reading and time with E.

Tricia-I'm glad to be on the other side too...it was pure torture prepping for the test...mega anxiety!! Yuck!!

Kris-Thanks...I have enjoyed my Sunday!!

T&D Girl: That is EXACTLY how I feel...now just have to hope I passed. :)

Kristi @ Mi Vida Ocupada said...

The TEST is over!!!! Yay!!!!!!!