Wednesday, December 09, 2015

Bucket List: Running Races

There are so so many races out there that I want to do...just like books & reading, not enough time (or money)...but here is my newly created "hopeful" Race Bucket List for just the first half of 2016:



Straw Plains Race logo
Strawberry Plains 10k - February 6, 2016
I saw a lady wearing the 2015 shirt from this race while shopping last weekend. It caught my eye and made me realize that I don't look much outside my immediate city for races and I should!! This one would be about 30 minutes from my house. It's on Feb 6 which is our "snowy season"...so could be risky...depending on my leg if I do it this year and I'll wait until the last minute to sign up anyway as I'm not running in the snow. Ick!
Also - no finishers medal for 10k. Boo!


Chattanooga Half Marathon- Sunday, March 6, 2016
Only 1 hour away!! Fun city!!
$80 Finishers Medal!!




Shamrock Run RVA 5k

Shamrock Run -Richmond 2016 - March 13, 2016 
Oscar should be working near Richmond in March 2016
Bonus it's on a Sunday and the start of our Spring Break week.
Totally affordable @ $25
Finishers medal-yay!!




$65 Beautiful place to run
Great goodie bag and medal


Image 1
Earth Day 5k - Gatlinburg, TN April 22, 2106
10pm start time - would love to do a night race
Not a lot of details on-line quite yet.



Myrtle Beach Mini Marathon - Sunday, October 23, 2016
5 miles of oceanfront running! Yes, please!!
$70 Awesome surfboard shape medal!!!
8 hour drive - that would be a long day to get home that evening & be able to work on Monday.

No comments: