Even though it likely won't go down this way...here is my list of the first 10 books I hope to read in 2016.
1) The Japanese Lover by Isabel Allende.
2) The Ship of Brides by Jojo Moyes - this one just came to me electronically from the library yesterday...I should really get started with it.
3) What She Left Behind by Ellen Wiseman - I really enjoyed her book The Plum Tree and hope this one is just as good.
4) My Name is Resolute by Nancy Turner - got a few pages in to this one already but put it down in an effort to read a couple other shorter books. This has 600+ pages. Ack!!
5) Crossing on the Paris by Dana Gynther
6) The Invisible Bridge by Julie Orringer - this one has been on my TBR list for way too long. It is my preferred genre and sounds fabulous, but the # of pages always scares me off. Maybe 2016 will be the year of less books read, but more long books.
7) The English Girl by Margaret Leroy - I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVED her book The Soldier's Wife and have been wanting to read this one since it's release, but it has not been published in the USA....Thank you Ebay, I just ordered it from the UK. Yay!!
8) A Walk Across the Sun by Corban Addison - it's been on my list for so so long and every time I read the description, I want to move it to the top of my list.
9) Somewhere in France: A Novel of the Great War by Jennifer Robson - these last two are like others on this list, my preferred genre (WWII) and I even have both of them on my Kindle just waiting to be read.
10) After the War is Over - by Jennifer Robson