Thursday, October 15, 2009

long weekend & a winner

~I almost forget about my contest. With a whopping 8 entries...the winner is comment #2 by MJ!! Send me your address & I'll have the goodies on their way to you.

~i'm off work today. had it planned since it's Fall Break, but now worked out perfectly since the sitter left us high and dry.

~i'm happy to have the day off, but sadly I have to take E for a flu shot...since he's going to daycare next week. he won't be happy about the shot.

~tomorrow I'm going scrapbooking and so excited to have 5-6 uninterrupted hours to do something fun. i'm really looking forward to it.

~on Saturday we are planning to drive up to Gatlinburg and on to Newfound Gap (elevation 5,046) ...O wants to go to Newfound Gap because that is where Franklin D. Roosevelt dedicated the Smoky Mountain Park 75 years ago. He's a history nut...me not so much. Hopefully I can stay awake. As for Gatlinburg though, that's a fun place. i'm looking forward to the getaway. hopefully we don't want to kill each other during the drive, although it's not that far and we've been before.

~since the forecast here holds nothing but *(&^%$# rain...I plan to stay holed up in the house on Sunday and bake!!!! I have wanted a day to bake for quite some time and since I'm caught up on my studies (finally!), I will likely forego my usual trip to B&N. I may even stay in my PJs all day long.

~I plan to bake at least these three things...(1) Sour Cream Cookies decorated for Halloween (2) Pumpkin Cupcakes and (3) Orange Vanilla Cupcakes (if I can find the vanilla bean paste). I am even going to attempt to frost the cupcakes in a presentable manner...with the help of this tutorial...I think I can do it.

~I will take all of these to work to share so i don't blow up to the size of a house.

~E can now say the word "bucket"...but alas it's not crystal clear...so guess what it sort of sounds like....

11 comments:

Teach.Workout.Love said...

congrats to MJ!!!!!!!

humel said...

'Bucket' - that's so funny!! The Boy did something similar when he was little and couldn't say 'biscuit' clearly...

Rachel said...

Awww! Poor little man and the word bucket! ha ha ha! I just cracked up at work. :P Hopefully there are very few instances where he has to say bucket at daycare...

and now i feel like i may HAVE to make those pumpkin cupcakes!!

Beatriz said...

Awwwww, that sounds cute just thinking about it! I'm sure you aren't too excited about him saying it with strangers though :) I love when kids start to talk, although when you have uncles or aunts that teach you bad things it's not always good. My dad told his brothers youngest daughter that her name was Porfiria, not Melissa and she would introduce herself as Porfiria! My aunt hated my dad for that! She would get so angry but it was so funny! She thought her name was Porfiria until she was about 3 yrs old!

Nichole M said...

Scrapbooking *and* baking? So much creativity...

I saw those cupcake recipes but would probably mess up the frosting. Let me know if the tutorial is helpful!

JW.BW said...

Sounds like you have a great weekend planned! It should be nice and relaxing. I cant wait to see how the cupcakes turn out!!

ha ha.. BUCKET...

Travel & Dive Girl said...

LOL - If E can say bucket, how does truck sound?

Have a great long weekend and enjoy all the baking.

emilysuze said...

Sounds like a fun and tasty weekend ahead for you! And E and his bucket...too funny! :)

Two Flights Down said...

haha...bucket. I love it. We have a dialogue we practice with students that says, "Can you tell me the way to City Hall?" Well...the students here can't really do the "s" sound--sounds like an "sh" sound. Cracks me up every time.

~**Dawn**~ said...

He may be unhappy about the shot, but he would be less happy about the flu--even if he doesn't know it. ;-) I am *dying* over bucket. That was one of my favorite parts of working in daycare. ;-)

Mara said...

Yay me!! This is the first giveaway I have won! I will e-mail you my address. Thanks so much!