Tuesday, May 26, 2009

random thoughts

~i never realized that there was this blogging-circle thingee about Random Tuesday Thoughts, it just so turns out that my random thoughts have coincided with Tuesdays lately....

~I'm determined to finish my book tonight "Seeing Me Naked" it's a super cute, realistic, chick-lit story. (i hope by posting the name of the book I don't get all kinds of weirdos visiting my blog) I'm also excited to move on to a new book, with a slightly deeper story.

~As I was reading last night, I came across this line in the book "I wish I could get Superman to run around the earth enough times to take me back in time so I could take it back." I cannot tell you HOW MANY TIMES I have made this same statement in my life...not just recently, although maybe more often recently. I always remember that part of the Superman movie too- you know, where he's flying around the earth to avoid Lois' car from going in the crevice formed by the earthquake & ultimately killing her. How cool would it be if there really was a Superman or at least the possibility of time going backwards...even for a moment.

~I think I'm really going to have to sink myself into the stack 'o books on my nightstand in an effort to escape the reality that is my crap-tastic life right now.

~I'm so excited to have found REALLY YUMMY Iced Chai @ the local little coffee shop here on campus. SBUX - you can keep your $4.00 Chais!

~I also had a delicious little hummus pita sandwich from the same coffee shop. Yum!

~I fell off the diet-wagon terribly this past weekend. It was a combination of depression, not caring and being @ my step-sisters house, where no one watches what they eat.

~I received an invitation to write for a website (which shall remain nameless for now). I find this bizarre as I don't consider myself a particularly good writer and I typically only write about day-to-day stuff (aka: my crap-tastic life)...no deep thought topics here really. I'm going to let that request simmer for a while. Not sure what to make of it.

~I'm sorry to be such a Debbie Downer lately. It's been a rough few weeks and my life has hit an all-time low, I just hope the pendulum starts to swing the other way and soon.

~Excited that I posted a few things on Craigslist for sale and have sold one and have someone interested on the other. Thank goodness because I am B.R.O.K.E.

~I love to bake and last week I noticed that I was able to de-stress while baking. I think I need to do some more baking this week.

~Blog stats are interesting. Now that traffic has died down since being "Blog of Note", I average about 150 hits per day. For some reason, unknown to me, I had 309 hits on May 12th. I guess everyone was interested in finding out how the 1st night of weaning had gone.

~I was going over my work hours yesterday and tracking them in a spreadsheet since I can't use my timesheet for that. See, I'm obligated to work 20 hours, but often work 22-24 but cannot get paid for the overage. Instead, I can take them as Comp Time. I was excited to find that I have enough hours to take the week of June 15th off and still have time to accrue more hours to take the week off in August to go to Myrtle Beach (if we still go). Yay for time off!!

~My new favorite word is "crap-tastic" and I have to thank Emily (private blog, can't link) for that. I love it!! It's so applicable to my life right now.

13 comments:

Fidgeting Gidget said...

Congrats on the writing offer! I wish someone would offer me something cool like that.

Baking is fun! I'm not that good at it, but I can make a cherry pie from scratch...my grandma taught me.

Interesting Superman quote...I've thought the same thing before, too.

Optimistic Pessimist said...

I think you are a great writer...yes you write about day to day stuff, but it's the way you write about the day to day stuff that's so fantastic, you're so relatable.

As for baking...I love baking pies when I'm stressed. There's just something so relaxing about working with your hands and having something to show for it at the end of the day.

Travel & Dive Girl said...

I too fell of the dieting bandwagon on the weekend (O.K. - I'll be honest, last month). I know it's tough, but keep at it because every little bit does make a difference (that's me trying to convince myself too).

Pam Victor said...

"Crap" in its purest form is a funny word. One of my past favorites. I think my current favorite is "ginormous" but it might also be "wangdoodle" or "dagnabbit."

WarriorHeartGypsySoul said...

I think I have said that sentence a million times, at least a thousand this month alone!!!

And i love the new word!!

Anonymous said...

ooooh! Congrats - a writing offer for a website is way cool! I can see why they want you, you have a no holds barred, tell it like it is style along with honesty and candor that people admire - thirst for, even.

I am so sorry that things suck right now...I wish I had some wisdom or something, but sadly, I lack in that department. I can offer two quotes that have been following all my thoughts these days: This too shall pass.
And: Our lives are defined by our opportunities - including the ones we miss. (curious case of benjamin button)

Anonymous said...

So I don't twitter so can't respond, but just saw this:

so annoying: people who call a missed call # on their cell phone when NO message was left. if i had the right number, would have left a msg.Hate that!! Even worse is when you did reach the right person, and they call right back - "I saw that you called." "Well did you listen to my voice mail?" "No." Great, now I have to repeat myself!

*krystyn* said...

Amy-yes, that is equally annoying when they call back w/o listening to the message. Ugh!!

Moonjava said...

Chai sounds absolutely yummy! And I like making up words too! It's fun, especially when you don't realize you're making up a whole new word and someone calls you on it! ;)

I tend not to swear, and I usually make up words to take the place of them ;) I'm quirky that way!

Beth said...

So if you like to bake a lot and you are good at it, does that make you a Master Baker?

You are a good writer. I say so - so what else do you need?

Rachel said...

A few things:

1. YAY for finding cheaper chai! :)

2. Hummus is fantastic!

3. I hope things start looking up! I'll be keeping you in my thoughts!

rxBambi said...

Love the "crap-tastic," might have to steal it :)
As for chai's - not my thing. I need a skinny caramel latte and only from sbux. You can take me somewhere else and I'll drink, but it doesn't count as my latte for the day. I hate it that I'm such an addict, I think they put something in there.
Awesome on the website! Keep us posted.
As for the re-dos, I've often wished that as well, but things usually turn out ok in the long run, so don't wish too hard.
Great post!

emilysuze said...

I'm so glad I could help in some small way. ;)

The writing offer sounds really interesting. Are they willing to fork out some moola for your talent?