Friday, August 07, 2009

friday randomness

~first & foremost...my Etsy store is OFFICIALLY OPEN. Check out the button/link over there to the right. (Thank you MommyGoneWild for the button help)! I hope to post more card kits in the coming weeks.

~less than 24 hours 'til we set out on our (likely painful) road trip. i'm still excited though, even if the drive is 'challenging'

~my "to do" list prior to departure is quite long and includes things like: cut the grass, trip to walmart, install DVD player in car, laundry, pack my stuff, pack E's stuff, polish change on the toes, trip to babies r us....yeah it just goes on and on. good thing I have ALL day today to work on everything.

~i had an appointment to take E for his 18 month pictures this morning, but yesterday he somehow managed to get a big 'ol scratch on the side of his face. i have no idea how he did it. so i canceled and hopefully can get an appointment on 8.17. I cannot believe E will be 18 months old on Saturday!

~my last four runs have been just over 4 miles each. that's the good news. the bad news is that the last TWO runs have resulted in some funky (left) leg pain that shoots up the back of my thigh and into my bum. not good. it's not a tight muscle feeling though, more of a pinched nerve feeling and that is definitely NOT good.

~i have set up some guest posts for while I'm sunning myself at the beach, so I hope you enjoy them. i've decided to take the laptop but really want to avoid using it and just enjoy the sun, sand, E and some books....oh and getting all the sand off of E because I'm certain I'll be spending ALOT of time doing that. :)

~i received my 100 mile award from Nike after last nights run. Check it out!

~i WILL be running while on vacation but I don't have iTunes on my laptop so there will be no updating the Mini --- she better not get lazy on me!!

10 comments:

Beatriz said...

Have fun on your vacation! Enjoy and post lot's of pictures when you get back or while you're there. I personally would be getting better acquainted with Margaritas or Mr. Buffet :)

Anonymous said...

Have fun! My aunts there, so if you see anybody who vaguely resembles me, say hi!

Can't the photographer just retouch the scratch? I can't wait for Julia to calm down so we can get professional pictures taken.

Fidgeting Gidget said...

Have a great great trip!! :) I'll miss you, but you definitely deserve this trip and I'm sure guest posts will tide me over.

My word verification was venti...I think that means we both need SBUX today. A big one.

Lisa Michelle said...

You have a FAN-TAB-U-LOUS time on your vacation! I am somewhat jealous you are going to be beaching it for the week.

Moonjava said...

Have a great trip!

~**Dawn**~ said...

I hope you have an awesome time in the sun & sand with your little guy! And hey, if your mini gets lazy, just remember she's on vacation too. She won't know what hit her when you get back & sync up agian! ;-)

Travel & Dive Girl said...

Have a great trip! Enjoy the sun, surf and relaxation. You know how I feel about sand, but enjoy that too - even if you are scrubbing it out of places it doesn't belong on E.

JW.BW said...

Oh Wow!! You sure had a crapload of stuff to get done!! I hope you are on your way by now. Have a wonderful time at the beach!!! Make a castle for me!
JW

Optimistic Pessimist said...

great etsy shop! will keep in mind to buy for gifts for friends!

Mara said...

Hey there! Congratulations on the Nike award--I'm proud of you :)

hope your having a great time at the beach!