I swiped this from Dawn's Blog...go check out her 2009 in review!!
1. What did you do in 2009 that you have never done before?
sew a quilt.
2. Did you keep your New Year's resolutions and will you make more for 2010?
i don't make resolutions, although I probably intended to lose the baby weight, but didn't get truly started on that until November when I signed up for WW. This year I just made a "to-do" list. no resolutions.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth in 2009?
4. Did anyone close to you die in 2009?
thankfully, no. my family in TINY so ANYONE who dies, is CLOSE to me.
5. What countries did you visit this year?
(unfortunately) I was confined to the U.S. all year.
6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
i would probably sound like an awful person if I answered this truthfully and so I will refrain, but believe me when I say the list is long...lacking a lot in 2009.
7. What date from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Feb 8, 2009 - Ethan's 1st Birthday - with cake ALL OVER HIM!
8. What was your biggest struggle in 2009?
similar to #6...way too many to list, but one that I can post would be making the decision to return to graduate school which resulted in an uber-low income and significant financial strain.
9. Did you suffer any illness or injury in 2009?
a heck of a cold...shortly after E started daycare. coincidence? i think not.
10. What was the best thing you bought this year?
pffft! bought!! ha!! nothing that would qualify as "best"!
11. Whose behavior merited celebration?
my friend, Dawn. always there to listen to me when i need a safe place to vent. thank you sooooo much! you don't realize how much I appreciate it.
12. Whose behavior disappointed you?
if you've been reading for any time at all, you should know the answer to this one!
13. Where did most of your money go?
paying the bills.
14. What did you get really really excited about this year?
going to TX after Christmas.
15. What song will always remind you of 2009?
"do you wish it was me" by Jason Aldean
16. Compared to this time last year, are you: much happier, much nicer or richer?
um...sadly, but speaking honestly, none of the above.
17. What do you wish you had done more of?
travel. taking pictures. sleeping.
18. What do you wish you had done less of?
19. Did you fall in love in 2009?
most definitely not.
20. What was your favorite TV Program in 2009?
Grey's Anatomy. no time to watch much more than that. it's the only show I will faithfully commit to.
21. What was the best book you read this year?
The Girl She Used to Be by David Cristofano...absolutely loved it. Rarely do I read a book and feel so strongly about it.
22. What was your greatest musical discovery this past year?
I really liked Gomez's song "See the World" when I heard it, but now I'm sick of it.
23. What did you want and get?
i will keep thinking about this one, but I'm pretty sure the answer is NOTHING.
24. What was the best movie you saw this year?
very few to choose from...but I liked "UP"
25. What did you do on your birthday and how old did you turn?
i turned 38. O, E and I went to my mom's house and she cooked burgers & chicken. mom's husband was out of town. i also realized this is the 3rd consecutive birthday of mine that he has missed...and really, that's ok with me.
26. What one thing would have made your year more satisfying?
a more comfortable financial situation would have decreased moodiness within the 4 walls of my home making it a slightly better place to be. emphasis on "slightly"
27. How would you describe your personal fashion statement this year?
if it fits, wear it.
28. What kept you sane this year?
Dawn. Twitter. My Blog.
29. What celebrity did you fancy the most?
I'm still hung up on Chris Noth AKA Mr. Big.
30. Who did you miss this past year?
2 people: my maternal grandparents.
31. Who were the best new people you met this year?
my fellow GA in the office. she is wonderful.
32. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned this year:
I LOVE Dawn's answer--->you can't control what happens around you or to you, but you *can* decide how you will react to it. but the problem for me is that I seem to always decide to get mad/sad/angry/frustrated!