Sunday, January 31, 2010

Thought Provoking

"Yes, there is no doubt that paper is patient and as I don't intend to show this cardboard covered notebook...to anyone, unless I find a real friend, boy or girl, probably nobody cares. And now I come to the root of the matter, the reason for my diary: it is that I have no such real friend."
-Anne Frank

I'm reading a text on counseling techniques and this was the intro to the chapter I'm reading...it touched me...I've wanted to read "The Diary of Anne Frank" for a while...but alas, it's another one on the long long list of books I hope to someday have time to enjoy. For now...I share this quote with you...

4 comments:

Heidi Renée said...

I highly recommend it. It's a fairly quick read, too.

Heidi Renée said...

By the way, another book in the same vein is Zlata's Diary by Zlata Filipovic. (here)

Travel & Dive Girl said...

I haven't read it either. That is a very beautiful quote...food for thought.

Fidgeting Gidget said...

It's a great book. I read it in junior high. I was lucky enough to visit the house where she was hidden (until the capture of her family). It was so sad but it's a beautiful tribute. When I walked through the door that was hidden by the bookcase, I cried.