Monday, October 08, 2007

~It's just another Manic Monday~

After weeks of looking in my local stores or trying to win them off various blogs...I finally broke down and bought this and this. I really would have preferred to look @ each of them before I bought them, but it seems that was just not an option open to me due to my location. I've read rave reviews on both, so I took the plunge. Can't wait 'til they arrive.

After working @ SB on Saturday, we only made it to Babies R Us to register - ran out of time and didn't get to Lowe's. We grabbed dinner and headed home. I awoke at 3am feeling as if I had 5 daggers in my stomach (not good) and off to the bathroom I went, where I spent the next few hours, off and on. Needless to say, I did not have a good night.

I had to work at 12:15pm on Sunday and barely got ready in time. I was not feeling too good and certainly didn't want to be there. Thankfully it was slow I was able to leave at 3:15pm instead of 5pm. Still though, those 3 hours felt more like 8 to me. I left there and headed to mom's for dinner and to meet her new kitten, Brinkley. She's adorable!!

So, here we are, back @ Monday and I'm dreading it. I am working Mon, Tues & Wed nights @ SB...I hope I make it thru alive. My how that part time job has done a 180 in terms of "enjoyability"...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mondays, ugh! It is kind of funny, in a not-really-funny kind of way, how a few months ago you were considering climbing the Starbucks ladder, and now probably just the sight of a Starbucks sign makes you ill.

*krystyn* said...

Amy-yes, I agree it's funny how I once had long-term thoughts of being with SB. They must have hit me upside the head or something.

Now simply pulling into the parking lot there every night makes me quite sick.

Mary said...

I'm bummed that Starbucks has turned out to be such a crappy place to work. well, at least now you know...and soon you'll be out of there!! hope you had a great Monday!

Freebird said...

I remember you thinking it was such a fun place to work. I think that too sometimes.