Friday, February 19, 2010

Friday 5 - Rules

1. Be honest: what are some rules you have for yourself that don’t really make much sense?
I'm not sure I really have any strange rules for myself...I'm really quite simple & practical...I could have a rule to not be so hard on myself since many people tell me that I am, but I would likely break it everyday, so why bother even making it a rule?

2. What rules of questionable sense did your parents have for you when you were young?
Could it be true that I cannot think of a single questionable rule? I was really given quite a bit of freedom...almost a scary amount now that I'm an adult and think about the things my mom let me do. Yikes!!

3. What’s a rule most people (if not all people) seem never to obey?
To always be honest. You know...don't lie!

4. There are no rules governing the giving and receiving of Valentine’s Day gifts, but what rules should there be?
Oh I really couldn't care less about this one, but I guess it would be nice to at least give & receive a simple Valentine's card that day....flowers & chocolate I could easily do without.

5. If the Golden Rule says you should do unto others as you’d have others do unto you, what would the Silver and Bronze rules say?
The Silver Rule should be to always be kind to others and the Bronze Rule should be to have patience.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

completely agree; i could care less about chocolate and flowers but a card goes along way if you ask me!

~**Dawn**~ said...

I always had a lot of freedom too. I never had curfew. My Dad just asked me what my plans were & when I expected to be home, and that I call if anything changed. And I always did. I was a pretty responsible kid though. The worst punishment for me was for my dad to say I disappointed him. As far as Valentines Day gifts go, as per our email, I think I like them to be something we do together, and since we go to WDW together & watch Red Sox together, I think our gifts were perfect.