Wednesday, February 25, 2009

~thoughts & observations~

~thought: today is Ash Wednesday and as a Catholic (obviously not a very good one) I am supossed to come up with something that I will give up for the next 6 weeks, until Easter Sunday. I'm not even going to attempt sweets or chocolate as I seem to already have a problem staying away from them.

~observation: apparently the 'in' thing to have on university campuses is one of these - A North Face Denali jacket. I'm not so sure what the big deal is. It's just a fleece jacket. A VERY OVERPRICED fleece jacket. And it also seems that black is the preferred color. I am not exaggerating when I say that one in three students is wearing this jacket, girls & guys.

~thought: I rarely drink, so rarely that I cannot remember the last time I've consumed an alcoholic beverage. BUT over the past couple weeks I've been thinking a lot about having a Margarita. I'm not sure if I can have one if I'm still nursing...does anyone know? I'm too lazy to look it up...or maybe I'll look it up while I'm on line. Sadly, I feel like I could really use a drink (or four).

~observation: how did so many strange characters get into the Top 12 on American Idol? What's up with that? Tonight is my 1st night watching and I see I haven't missed anything worthwhile.

~thought: just remembered dad is coming to town tomorrow and he said he's taking us to Red Lobster for dinner. Margarita!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UPDATE: looks like I will remain alcohol-free until I wean the little guy...majority of info out there says to avoid alcohol altogether while nursing and if not, then they say to 'pump & dump' and well, I'm really OVER the breast pump, so I'll go w/o alcohol instead.

4 comments:

justem said...

The North Face thing has been around since I was in school. I admit...Justin has one... ;)

MissNj said...

Could you give up Margaritas for another six weeks? Or would that be cheating? :)

*krystyn* said...

Ha - yeah, giving up the Margaritas is a good one, although maybe cheating. :)

Anonymous said...

Bummer about the margarita! That sounds SO delicious!! I was just going to say I seem to recall my friend drinking a couple of hours before she nursed, however, maybe she DID "pump and dump". Now I can't remember. ;-)