Thursday, August 27, 2015

Bookish and Not-So-Bookish Thoughts

Bookish and Not-So-Bookish Thoughts is a weekly blogging event hosted by Bookishly Boisterous. It allows book bloggers (and non-book bloggers) to write about pretty much anything, bookish or otherwise (i.e. share exciting plans for the weekend, rants on things they've encountered during the week, etc.). 
************************************************************************************************

1) It's my last day of summer. Cue the tears.

2) I survived my first CrossFit class. I plan to go back on Friday for another trial class. I'm sure I'll need the de-stressor after my first day back at work.

3) I was cruising along through my day Wednesday feeling pretty good for the most part and then BAM!...one email changes everything. Really hoping I can truly enjoy my last day of summer. 

4) And all of a sudden I feel like I need to read books on "finding happiness"...I know there are plenty out there, but how do I choose one?

5) I have so many books on my TBR list, but have NO desire to read any of them right now. I finished The Rosie Project on Friday and have not started anything new. I am reading one non-fiction book currently, but haven't picked it up for a couple days. 

6) I read 13 books this summer....just slightly more than 1 per week. I would have liked to have read more.

7) Out of nowhere, Ethan is a boogery mess...I guess it's the "out of nowhere" cool weather we have had for the past 2 days...something must have bloomed. We had to make a late night run to the store for Claritin last night!! We are still waiting for it to take effect. Poor guy!

8) Last night was brought to you by #stress and #tears  :( I got about 4 hours of sleep. Not the best way to spend the night before my last day of summer ...or the 6 mile run I am supposed to do today.  

9) If anything, yesterday brought me VERY CLEAR signs that it is time for a significant change in my life. #workingtowardsthatdream

No comments: