Sunday, December 12, 2010

Reverb - Day 12

Body integration. 

This year, when did you feel the most integrated with your body? Did you have a moment where there wasn't mind and body, but simply a cohesive YOU, alive and present?

For this one I would have to say March 7, 2010 which was the day I ran the Disney Princess 1/2 Marathon...I hadn't trained as much as I would have liked to, but I managed to finish within the goal time I had set for myself. 

I felt quite proud of continuing with 7/1 intervals for approximately the first 9 miles, paired up with a Twitter friend, (10+ years my junior). I ran the rest at my own pace needing just a bit more recovery between intervals. I finished about 9 minutes behind my Twitter friend.

When I crossed that finish line, got my medal & my picture taken, I would say that was the most alive and present I had felt in a long time. It was the ONLY thing I had done JUST FOR ME in more than two years. It felt good.

No comments: