Sunday, December 05, 2010

Reverb - Day 5

Let Go.

What (or whom) did you let go of this year? Why?

Another pensive-ish prompt from the Reverb 10 Project ...

I've been contemplating this one all day to figure out just what I would post, and to determine whether there is a "what" I let go of vs. a "whom"...because there is ALWAYS a "whom".

I definitely disconnected with a couple of "friends" this year. I'm guilty of being one of those people who really does try to hold on to friends, initiating contact whether it's just a FB hello or short email...but over the past couple years I've come to the conclusion that my time is equally as important as anyone else's and if someone isn't going to put forth the effort to stay in touch, well then, neither will I.

And the best part...I don't even miss these people.

I guess the only "what" that I gave up was my 3 day work week...traded for a 5 day work week, but since that's not something I'm really rejoicing in, I'll not bother going into detail about it. I'd much rather have my 3 day work week back.

So what OR whom did you let go of this year?

No comments: